Company: Heart and Stroke Foundation
Position: Associate Manager, Health Professional Education & Knowledge Translation
Reports to: Manager, Health Professional Education
Department: Research, Advocacy and Health Promotion
Status: Part Time (3 days/week), Permanent
Under the direction and guidance of Manager, Health Professional Education (HPE), the Associate Manager, Health Professional Education and Knowledge Translation supervises and coordinates all pre-event, onsite, and post event elements such as the management of critical paths, service providers, deliverables and provide troubleshooting solutions to HPE’s knowledge translation and exchange (KTE) programs including the Heart&Stroke Clinical Update, the Stroke Collaborative, and the Heart&Stroke Hypertension Collaborative, etc.
Program Planning and Management
- Create and supervise the implementation of critical paths to ensure successful delivery of HPE programs
- Author and distribute planning reference guides and briefing packages to stakeholders to communicate program requirements and all applicable guidelines and protocols
- Lead the creation, publishing and maintenance of accurate pre-event program information and post event presentations/resources on all communication channels
- Support Sr. Specialist to follow up on all stakeholder obligations
Service Provider Recruitment and Management
- Identify vendors (e.g. venues, registration service providers, audio visual suppliers, show services suppliers, electrical company, security, videographer, photographer etc.) and develop RFPs, provide selection criteria, and recommendations
- Lead negotiations with service providers
- Lead contract review process to ensure incorporation of HSF, finance, risk management, privacy and purchasing policies.
- Oversee the contract development and approval process.
- Communicate and enforce all financial, risk, and privacy and purchasing policies at all stages of the program to ensure compliance and risk mitigation
Registration and Customer Service Management
- Supervise and work with a registration provider to:
- Design/ review, and refine criteria in collaboration with Senior Specialist, on registration information to ensure alignment with program and other requirements
- Design guidelines and processes for all elements in registration and customer service management
- Supervise the implementation of registration and customer support protocols for online and offline registration, early-bird arrangement, payment, cancellation and reimbursement, badge production, receipting, certificate of attendance and other pre-/post-event follow-ups, etc. to ensure successful delivery
- Administer registration for speakers/presenters, planning committee members, staff and other business partners
- Generate/ administer the creation of reports. Generate/ administer the retrieval of post event database.
- Support Senior Specialist with providing pre and post event information/data required in program performance analysis
- Provide program customer service support, includes addressing customer service requirements escalated from the registration management service provider
- Support Senior Specialist in business partners stewardship and program activation as required
Venue and Technical Setup Management
- Lead liaison with venue on all logistical arrangements to ensure success delivery of the programs
- Lead catering negotiations with venue and make recommendations on menus to ensure alignment with HSF healthy eating policies and program requirements
- Administer rooming lists and accommodation confirmation process for delegates and speakers
- Monitor hotel occupancy rate and provide solutions/recommendations when necessary
- Assess, plan and determine technical and equipment requirements based on program needs, and adult learning and event management principles
- Lead the liaison, supervision, communication and co-ordination with service providers on technical and show services ordering, scheduling, staging, installation, dismantling and other onsite services etc. to ensure all program aspects are efficiently met and provided
- Create function sheets to detail requirements and expectations for every session to ensure all requirements are met.
- Review setups and provide recommendation to time sensitive requirement requirements to accommodate registration and program changes
- Support Senior Specialist in determining technical arrangements for speakers presentations and speakers lounge setup
- Lead, in collaboration with the Senior Specialist, Corporate Engagement, and purchasing team, the planning, forecast, review, approval, and dispatch of promotion, program deliverables and other HPE resources, including printed materials, registration and display materials, delegates supplies, speakers recognition items, etc.
- Lead the tracking and forecast of program inventory/ resources, provide recommendations, and oversee production in collaboration with purchasing team
Onsite Event Management
- Plan and manage all onsite elements, processes and procedures including registration, administrative, logistical, and technical to ensure smooth delivery
- Determine staffing requirements, develop duty roster and manage onsite staff
- Support Senior Specialist to evaluate unforeseeable circumstances/situations and devise contingency plan and solutions to resolve issues
- Administer the preparation and assembly of delegates kits
Program Financial Management
- Monitor, administer and settle accounts receivable and payment
- Maintain detail and accurate program revenue and disbursement records
- Audit and reconcile/address discrepancy with diplomacy, all vendor invoices, speakers/presenters, expense claims to ensure budget accuracy
- Administer the application, processing and disbursement of all deposits, invoices, and expenses
Other duties as required by the HPE portfolio.
- Anticipates and plans for future events, trends, problems and opportunities and exercises sound judgment. Evaluates reasonable risk taking opportunities and develops creative solutions, stimulating new ways of thinking and solving problems.
- Drive for results, while maintaining and building effective relationships. Persists in advancing initiatives despite adversity, creating and negotiating alternate solutions as appropriate.
- Develops effective, motivated individuals and teams to achieve common goals. Encourages individuals to develop strengths and supports opportunities to foster professional growth. Willingly shares personal experience and knowledge and provides feedback to improve individual and team performance.
- Acts with integrity by promoting consistency among principles, values and behaviours. Adapts communication style as appropriate. Self-aware, committed to professional and personal growth.
Internal Lateral Relationships:
- Mission Content team
- Evaluation team
- Research team
- Corporate Alliances and Philanthropic Marketing team
- Communications, Marketing and Parent Brand team
- Health Information Services team
- Finance and Risk & Control team
- Demand Planning Team
- Purchasing and Supply Chain team
- IT and Business Solutions team
- Customer Service team
- Business and corporate partners
- Vendors and service providers
- Program speakers. presenters, primarily healthcare professionals such as physicians, nurses, and allied healthcare providers
- Multitask in a fast-paced, multi-projects environment
- Ability to proactively manage assigned programs
- Ability to balance analytical, operational and creative thinking
- Adherence to multiple department policies and procedures
- Working in a deadline driven environment
- Manage venue, registration, administrative and onsite aspects of HPE events/ programs including but not limiting to Heart&Stroke Clinical Update, the Stroke Collaborative, and the Heart&Stroke Hypertension Collaborative
- Relationship Management with service providers
- Undergraduate degree with at least 3 years experience in event management (experience in organizing and implementing CME programs preferred)
- Excellent project administration, coordination, and implementation skills
- Understand adult learning principle as they apply to education in the health care industry
- Forward thinking self starter who demonstrates the ability to take initiative and to manage projects independently
- Detail-oriented with excellent prioritization and multitasking skills
- Team player with superior communications and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Formal education/training in project management
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please forward your resume to:
Human Resources Department
2300 Yonge Street, 13th Floor,
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4
Please include the exact job title, including location in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.