Title: Executive Director
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: TBD
Website : www.partcanada.org
Reporting to the PART Council, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall management and operations of the PART Canada Agency.
Now in our 6th year of operation, PART (Practice and Research Together) is a Canadian membership-based research utilization initiative. PART’s core function is to distil and disseminate practice-relevant research findings to Child Welfare Practitioners including: Front- Line Practitioners, Managers, Senior Leaders and Caregivers. PART promotes evidence- informed practice through a variety of innovative program components, including: PARTicle literature reviews, webinars, large scale conferences, practice guidebooks, and electronic access to research and academic journals. PART also provides support to individual member agencies as they implement evidence-informed practice.
• · To maintain efficient operations within prescribed budgetary parameters;
• · The ability to manage operations in a way that will ensure full compliance with appropriate eligible expenditures related to respective funding streams;
• · The ability to create and present a sustainable Business Plan to the PART Council within 6 months of start date;
• · The ability to identify measures and monitor the performance of PART;
• · Ensure financial stability and equity of PART;
• · Must have existing academic relationships as well as the ability to establish newrelationships in academic circles to promote PART;
• · The ability to recruit, retain and promote a high functioning, cohesive workforce;
• · Ensure that all staff maintain professional competencies and current knowledge of all appropriate policies, procedures and regulatory requirements;
• · Ensure application of Health and Safety policies in compliance with regulatory and/or agency standards;
• · Ensure application of all relevant Provincial and Federal Acts and Regulations;
• · The ability to uphold and promote the agency’s values and philosophies;
• · The ability to recruit International and Canadian researchers to participate in the work of PART through webinars, learning events etc.;
• · Ensure positive member relations;
• · The ability to complete all other duties as assigned.
• · Graduate Degree;
• · Minimum five (5) years relevant management experience;
• · Proven supervisory experience with multi-disciplinary staff;
• · Solid understanding of business planning processes and business metrics;
• · Thorough understanding of Human Resources practices and policies;
• · Must demonstrate strong analytical thinking and decision making;
• · Strong relationship management skills; capacity to think and act strategically;
• · Experienced in risk management activities and demonstrated knowledge of continuous quality improvement processes;
• · Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively supervise the activities of staff and demonstrate good fiscal and leadership responsibility;
• · Proven financial experience;
• · Proficient computer skills
• · Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS)
Please forward your resume in confidence to:
Mike Stephens, Chair, PART Council
Thank you for your interest.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All those selected for an interview will be provided with a detailed job description. No phone calls, please.