A Community Engagement and Development Officer is required to work with the CanChild team and will be responsible for knowledge translation, including developing and maintaining sustainable partnerships with community groups , developing both traditional and web communications plan aimed at strengthening engagement with families, youth with disability and other stakeholders. This individual will work within various projects/activities at CanChild including Ontario Brain Institute CP-Net, 25th Anniversary, etc.
Job Summary: Responsible for developing and maintaining sustainable partnerships with community groups, involving them in a range of activities related to the McMaster Medical Program. Also responsible for coordinating recruitment and serves as a primary resource regarding administrative issues for part-time faculty appointments.
Purpose and Key Functions:
- Cultivate, build, and maintain relationships within the community, including media and government relations and fundraising stewardship.
- Deliver presentations to physician groups about the teaching opportunities at the University.
- Write a variety of documents such as orientation packages, marketing materials, and reports.
- Act as the first point of contact for community agencies who have expressed an interest in increasing their teaching capacity and work with them to transition to an educational or placement site.
- Facilitate communication between the medical program and regional campuses which includes the distribution of information and educational offerings to faculty at each of the satellites.
- Create and support community outreach activities that engage physicians, community partners, and agencies which includes media support and government relations to ensure that information is disseminated in a variety of mediums.
- Ensure that donations to the regional campuses are recognized appropriately in the media and on campus.
- Coordinate the submission of information and documentation required to initiate and conclude various recruitment, appointment and promotion processes.
- Review candidate documentation and prepare recommendations for review by others.
- Plan, coordinate, and schedule interviews and arrange travel and hotel accommodations for candidates.
- Adhere to University guidelines and policies when compiling information required for the recruitment, reappointment, or promotion of part-time faculty.
- Gather, compile, and review candidate documents and follow up, as needed, with candidates for more information.
- Gather, compile, and summarize information from a variety of sources such as candidate reviews.
- Plan and coordinate a variety of events and activities.
- Write and edit a variety of documents such as correspondence, agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Identify and recommend changes to established administrative processes.
- Implement changes to established procedures and processes.
- Gather, compile, and summarize information from a variety of sources and documents and prepare reports for review by others.
- Generate a variety of ad-hoc reports and analyze and summarize data for review by others.
- Verify, update, and maintain information in a variety of databases and spreadsheets.
- Provide policy and process information to others.Set up and maintain filing systems, both electronic and hard copy.
- Attend and participate in meetings.
- Maintain and safeguard the confidentiality of information.
Requirements: 2 year Community College diploma in a relevant field of study.
Requires 3 years of relevant experience.
- experience in knowledge translation, communication/public relation, or related activities.
- Experience with families, children and youth with Childhood disabilities or other health-related experience an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in social media; including experience using Twitter and Facebook and web publishing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential along with solid experience in communications
- Experience with online and web-based tools for partnership development
- Demonstrated success in community engagement, partnership building, and network organization.
- Demonstrated experience supporting/coordinating events
- Develop and maintain website content
- Build and engage in relationships with community partners and agencies through various types of social media such Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Blogs and E-newsletters
Deadline: November 17, 2014