This course is offered through a partnership between the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research, and the Knowledge Translation Program at St. Michael’s Hospital.
Purpose: to support partnerships between researchers and knowledge users through KT skills training.
Where: Blusson Spinal Cord Centre, 818 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Who can apply?
- Open to researchers in *VCHRI organisations and those affiliated to VCHRI through post-secondary institutions including: Vancouver General Hospital, UBC Hospital, GF Strong Rehabilitation Hospital, Richmond Hospital, Lions Gate Hospital, Community Health Services for the Sunshine Coast and Bella Coola, Providence Health Centre – St. Paul’s Hospital, the Rural Health Research Centre, the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, the University of Victoria, and the BC Institute of Technology.
- Participants should register as a team (minimum 2 members). Each team will include a researcher and a clinician and/or manager.
How do I apply?
- Please submit the names, complete with mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and emails for all team members.
- Briefly describe (in 1 paragraph) your identified health care challenge with an explanation of its relevance and the impact of the health problem.
- Briefly describe (no more than 1 to 2 paragraphs) the knowledge that will be translated including the supporting evidence base (e.g. there is good evidence from trials showing that …….).
Application deadline: Friday February 21, 2014
See advertisement for details.
The first workshop will be held on April 9 and 10, 2014. Future workshop dates to be announced.
There is a research component to this course. To evaluate the course, workshop participants will be asked to complete surveys and interviews over a 2-year period as applicable.