POSTING DATE: August 25, 2014
CLOSING DATE: September 5, 2014
POSITION: Knowledge Translation (KT) Coordinator
LOCATION: NeuroDevNet KT Core, Kaneff Tower
SALARY: $40,000 – $45,000 per annum
DURATION: September 29, 2014 (or sooner) – March 31, 2015
- possibility of renewal depending on renewed funding for NeuroDevNet
NeuroDevNet, a national Network of Centres of Excellence (NCE), is the first trans-Canada initiative dedicated to studying children’s brain development from both basic and clinical perspectives. The vision of NeuroDevNet researchers, whose expertise ranges from child development to brain imaging, genetics, and developmental biology, is to accelerate the pace of understanding the causes of neurological deficits, with a focus on autism spectrum disorder, fetal alcohol spectrum disorder and cerebral palsy. The goal of KT in NeuroDevNet is to maximize the social and economic impacts of NeuroDevNet’s investments in research and training. Under the supervision of the Manager, KT Core, The KT Coordinator will be responsible for supporting KT services, events, dissemination and social media.
The KT Core is hosted in the Knowledge Mobilization Unit at York University, Toronto, Canada
A) KT Events: 1) provides input and support to NDN KT events including the annual Brain Conference; 2) staffs exhibit booths at NDN and related events.
B) KT Products: supervises students and trainees drafting clear language research summaries using York’s ResearchSnapshot clear language research summary template; 2) edits research summaries and other KT documents and formats for posting on website; 3) creates KT content for NDN website and other electronic media (including infographics, blog posts, etc.); 4) assists NDN researchers, students and partner organizations making videos and other forms of KT dissemination; 5) supports KT Manager and NDN Communications in disseminating research to end user audiences; 6) coordinate French translation of KT Products. We use InDesign and Illustrator.
C) Social Media – In collaboration with NDN Communications: 1) develops a social media strategy including ongoing review of existing social media guidelines to support NDN researchers, trainees and partners in being active on social media; 2) coordinates outreach and posts content for social media channels; 3) maintains accounts for NDN social media channels; 4) prepares data and reporting for evaluation of NDN social media.
D) Evaluation and Reporting: 1) supports KT Manager in KT data collection, analysis and reporting; 2) using networks including social media, contacts stakeholders for feedback on KT products, NDN research, etc.
E) Administrative: 1) scheduling teleconferences, preparing invoices/cheque requisitions, place orders for printing; 2) assist in database design and development for data tracking.
PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED FROM TIME TO TIME.
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma.
- minimum 2 years’ experience in knowledge translation, communications or related activities
- demonstrated experience in social media and web publishing
- demonstrated experience in writing for different audiences
- demonstrated experience supporting and coordinating events, preferably in a university environment
- experience in creating videos considered an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; excellent judgment, interpersonal, problem-solving, project management and organizational skills; strong analytical, and writing skills; tact, sensitivity and diplomacy in dealing with varied clientele; flexibility, initiative, creativity; attention to detail and comfort with ambiguity.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) in a PC environment. Experience with MS Access and Project an asset.
Send a cover letter and resume to:
Manager, Knowledge Mobilization