Position: Knowledge Broker
Reports to: Manager, Knowledge Mobilization Strategy
Location: Toronto (Downtown)
Posting date: October 6, 2017
Closing Date: October 30, 2017
Overview of Role:
Reporting to the Manager, Knowledge Mobilization Strategy, the Knowledge Broker is accountable for the application of implementation science and practice in supporting the uptake of evidence and knowledge mobilization strategies across our partners and stakeholders for increased efficiency and acceleration of cancer control in Canada. The Knowledge Broker will play a critical role to increase capacity within the partnership and its partners to apply KMb best practices for measurable impact in the cancer control system across Canada. Working closely with internal teams across the organization, the Knowledge Broker will lead and support efforts to identify and translate evidence for the Partnership’s key audiences, develop tailored knowledge products in appropriate formats, support dissemination and implementation work, and support linkage and exchange activities.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent education and experience) in a relevant field such as health sciences, health services research, public health, psychology, political science, education, communications with a focus in health
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the role of knowledge broker or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of knowledge mobilization (e.g., stakeholder engagement, evidence synthesis, knowledge product development, dissemination, implementation, evaluation)
- Demonstrated experience in applying best practices in knowledge mobilization, implementation science and/or knowledge translation, quality improvement (e.g., communications, education/training, toolkit development, stakeholder engagement, measurement).
- Experience building strong relationships with stakeholders and maintaining them over time – internal and external
- Ability to interpret and identify key results from evidence and to succinctly summarize research findings in plain language
- Ability to identify, map and understand stakeholder relationships and policy processes across diverse health systems to support the design and delivery of effective KMb strategies/projects
- Experience in designing, organizing, facilitating and evaluating knowledge exchange events such as training, meetings, webinars, conferences, community forums
- Experience developing knowledge products such as infographics, toolkits, newsletters, fact-sheets and report summaries
- Experience in the development and delivery of training materials to support adoption of tools, methods, initiatives and/or products
For further details on this position, please visit our Careers website at the link below:
To apply, please forward your combined CV and cover letter to: TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca
For additional information, please visit our website at www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca