The Cardiac Arrhythmia Network of Canada (CANet) is the gateway to arrhythmia research and development in Canada. One point of contact links pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government and not-a‐for‐profit organizations to world leading Canadian arrhythmia researchers and resources. Our vision is to generate new innovations in arrhythmia treatment and technologies that transform care, focus on the individual needs of patients, and allow them to take control of their care. We are one of 14 Networks in the Networks of Centres of Excellence, Canada’s flagship science and technology program. We are looking for a Knowledge Mobilization Specialist to join our growing team of professionals.
Reporting to the Managing Director/COO, the knowledge mobilization specialist is a key member of the team serving as the strategic link between all areas of the network, including the designing, implementing, monitoring and reporting of knowledge mobilization activities across the Network. This position also contributes to the development and implementation of CANet knowledge translation activities.
- Assist CANet senior leadership with the execution of CANet Integrated Knowledge Translation Strategy.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of the knowledge mobilization activities, knowledge exchange activities and communications components.
- Liaise with multiple internal and external stakeholders and Network knowledge users at local, national and international level.
- Ensure effective coordination of Network Knowledge translation activities and communication of critical information between all functional areas of CANet.
- Assist in the monitoring of project and Network activities and in the interpretation and implementation of study protocols.
- Liaise with Network Investigators, trainees, and institutional representatives.
- Support Network investigators in the identification of relevant knowledge users, end-users and stakeholders both at the project and Network level.
- Plan and develop high impact special events, regional meetings, conferences and symposiums.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years in a project leadership role, preferably in health sciences, research or managing complex projects
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing knowledge mobilization/translation activities in health care settings.
- Established excellent leadership, communication, negotiation and collaborative problem-solving skills, attentive to quality production.
- Demonstrated success in knowledge mobilization project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Superior time management, organization and prioritization skills in addressing multiple tasks and timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and execute knowledge mobilization events around a strategic goal or objective.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills. Expertise in plain language writing is an asset
- Demonstrated competence, in operating effectively as a member of a high-functioning team with minimum direction.
- Experience in a healthcare related setting is an asset.
Please note that this is an 18-month contract position with the possibility of extension pending the availability of grant funding.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, curriculum vitae, the names of three references as a single PDF file to the attention of the Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 19, 2018