Position Title: Project Administrator
Department/Area: School of Physical and Occupational Therapy/ McGill University
Reporting to: Dr Denise Keiko Shikako Thomas
Salary Range: $26.38/hr plus 4 % vacation pay.
Contract Duration: To March 31, 2019
The Cerebral Palsy Canada Network (CPCanNET) is a network of Canadian researchers in cerebral palsy and members of Cerebral Palsy Associations in Canada. The network has the goal of facilitating information and knowledge exchange among the different members, and promoting opportunities for knowledge translation of research evidence to families.
The CP Canada Network aims to develop a website to inform and empower families by providing accessible, credible information on new research discoveries, educational opportunities, provincial services and programs and personal success stories. Information that is relevant specifically to individuals with cerebral palsy will be continuously updated, so as to optimize awareness and understanding of the condition and facilitate access to the best services and supports.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Research, identify and share information on provincial services and programs, educational opportunities, and personal success stories regarding children or adults with CP with CPCanNET.
2) Assist CPCanNET identify the needs and gaps in services offered to children and adults with CP in his/her province and across Canada.
3) Manage budgets, reports, and other administrative tasks related to the Childhood Disability Communication Hub project.
4) Schedule committees or other meetings as needed.
5) Organize travel arrangements as needed (e.g., airlines, car rentals, hotels, conference registration.
6) Prepare communication materials related to presentations, research, and others including drafting conference abstracts, power points, infographics, and other materials as requested. Prepares pamphlets and other dissemination and information materials.
7) Support the application process for new funding for the project, identify new funding opportunities and requirements, supports in the preparation of application materials.
Education and Experience
Undergraduate Degree in a related field and 3 years related experience.
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities
Must be someone passionate, resourceful and dynamic! Knowledge of local services for children or adults with CP is an asset. Experience assisting on a research projects, and in particular in an outreach and communications related role. Comfortable working with data and creating reports. Experience monitoring budgets. Intermediate Excel, Word. Bilingualism (French and English) written, reading, speaking is mandatory (testing will be administered.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Dr. Mehrnoosh Movahed mehrnoosh.movahed [at] mcgill.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
Deadline to Apply
Until the position is filled.