The Knowledge Translation Program is currently looking for Research Assistant I to join the dynamic and growing team in a full time (1.0 FTE) position. The primary role of the Research Assistant is to support the implementation and research activities of the Team of Implementation, Evaluation and Sustainability (TIES) within the Knowledge Translation Program. This position will involve supporting the research coordinator in developing project materials, connecting with stakeholders, scheduling and coordinating meetings, interviews, and focus groups. Previous experience conducting interviews and coding qualitative data is a major asset. Examples of the kind of work we do includes: developing and implementing strategies to disseminate and increase the uptake of guidelines, building strong supportive relationships amongst diverse stakeholders, creating tools for different end-user groups, and evaluating implementation projects. The position requires working with a large number of stakeholder groups; therefore excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. This position will offer the successful applicant a challenging and rewarding environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- General office duties e.g. filing, faxing, mailings, courier services, photocopying, etc
- Organizing office space
- Literature searches
- Update data tracking sheets
- Prepare forms (e.g., reimbursement forms, REB applications, contract submission forms)
- Maintain project databases
- Scheduling and conducting participant recruitment and scheduling of interviews, focus groups and usability testing sessions
- Organize collection and management of study-related data/reviewing transcripts – ensuring quality control
- Collection, transcription and entry of study related data
- Coding qualitative data
- Liaise with research coordinators internally and externally
- Maintain data documentation, physical and logical storage of records, in accordance with hospital policies and relevant privacy regulations
- Assist with report writing
- Bachelors degree in Public Health Sciences, Social Sciences (e.g. [medical] sociology, [medical] anthropology, psychology), Bioethics, Clinical Sciences (e.g. nursing, social work, allied health) or a related field is an asset
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to learn new skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner and flexibility to adapt to changing workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Proficient in document management, in both electronic and hard copy forms
- Able to follow written and verbal directions
- Experience in recruiting and interviewing participants for qualitative studies is an asset
- Experience in knowledge translation is an asset
- Experience conducting interviews is an asset
- Experience coding (e.g., NVivo) is an asset
- Experience in a health care related setting is an asset
$21.04 – $26.29 per hour
Please apply online at http://www.recruitingsite.com/csbsites/stmichaels/JobDescription.asp?CategoryCode=14444&JobNumber=822993&JobTitle=ResearchAssistantIResearchKnowledgeTranslation.