The Knowledge Translation (KT) Program at the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael’s Hospital is currently looking for a bilingual (French/English) Research Coordinator 1 to join the dynamic and growing team. The primary role of the bilingual (French/English) Research Coordinator is to support ongoing research and implementation projects in French. Currently we are seeking a bilingual (French/English) individual to take on a full time (1.0 FTE) two-year contract to support the Team of Implementation, Evaluation and Sustainability (TIES) within the Knowledge Translation Program.
We are seeking an individual with advanced proficiency (reading, writing, and oral interaction) in English and French, experience in applied research, and a strong interest in evidence implementation. Examples of the kind of work include developing and implementing strategies to disseminate and increase the uptake of guidelines, building strong supportive relationships amongst diverse stakeholders, and evaluating implementation projects using qualitative and quantitative research skills. The position requires working with a large number of stakeholder groups in both English and French. This position will offer the successful applicant a challenging and rewarding environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and undertake collection and management of study-related data – ensuring quality control
- Coordinate French-language research activities in collaboration with team (including general project management, timelines and deliverables)
- Coordinate French-language participant recruitment, scheduling, and conduct of qualitative interviews
- Liaise with multiple internal and external stakeholders at local and international levels in both English and French
- Prepare REB submissions relative to the initiation and conduct of projects
- Write proposals, interview guides, reports and presentations of research findings in both English and French
- Assist investigators in the initiation of new research projects
- Assist in the interpretation and implementation of study protocols in both English and French
- Monitor the progress of project activities; develop and maintain records of project activities and prepare periodic reports as required by investigators, administrators, funding agencies, and/or regulatory bodies
- Maintain data documentation, physical and logical storage of records, in accordance with hospital policies and relevant privacy regulations
- Collaborate with team members to write and edit presentations, reports, proposals, and publications in both English and French
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences, Public Health, Social Sciences (e.g., psychology, [medical] sociology), Health/Research Communications, Health Policy, or a related field (Masters degree preferred)
- Minimum 1 year of research coordinator experience
- Fluency in French is required. A written and oral examination of French proficiency may be administered.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- Meticulous attention to detail and capable of independent decision-making
- Expertise in plain language writing is an asset.
- Ability to prioritize and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to adapt to changes in project direction
- Experience in a healthcare related setting is an asset
- Experience in conducting qualitative interviews is an asset
- Experience in quantitative statistics is an asset
Salary Range:$26.23 – $32.78 per hour