Location: Canada wide search
Muscular Dystrophy Canada (MDC) – one of Canada’s leading voluntary health charities since 1954 – is a non-profit leader supporting people with neuromuscular disorders to gain independence; an advocate working for meaningful social change in the health and non-profit community; and a contributor in the search for the cure for neuromuscular disorders.
Reporting to the Director of Research and in keeping with the mission, vision and values of Muscular Dystrophy Canada, the Research and Knowledge Translation Coordinator is responsible for supporting the research activities of the organization, as well as, the coordination and execution of MDC’s knowledge translation activities.
- Works with Director of Research on internal and external research projects
- Acts as staff support to the Medical and Scientific Advisory Committee (MSAC) as well as other MDC collaborations, networks, etc.
- Assists with grant tracking of the Annual National Research Granting Program
- Evaluates current grant administration process, identifies and recommends improvements to internal policies and procedures
- Creates opportunities for knowledge mobilization; uses research results, including knowledge synthesis, dissemination, transfer and exchange for staff, researchers and clients
- Develops new communication tools/channels in collaboration with the Director or Research and the Marketing and Communications team
- Works with Director of Research to create highly effective research and advocacy collaborations for MDC
- Assists fundraising colleagues in developing appropriate cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies
- Seeks innovative ways to demonstrate research impact for key stakeholders, donors, staff, volunteers and researchers
- Collaborates with clinicians to promote access to clinical care and therapies
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters, PhD, postdoc preferred
- Connections to, or knowledge of, the neuromuscular community
- Demonstrated credibility in neuromuscular science, genetics
- Bilingual (French and English) preferred
- Valid driver’s license
Please send in confidence your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please see: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1348494407/
While we appreciate all responses, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Muscular Dystrophy Canada is committed to employment equity, especially for persons with disabilities. We support equal opportunity and advancement in accordance with competence for all employees.