|Job Title:||Knowledge Translation Specialist, Legacy for Airway Health Initiative|
|Work Site:||Vancouver General Hospital – 12th & Oak|
|Status:||Regular Full Time|
The Legacy for Airway Health (LAH) is an exciting new initiative focused on accelerating the translation of knowledge to inform improvements in longitudinal care of populations at risk for and living with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Based at the Vancouver General Hospital, but with broad partnerships, LAH leverages already well-established and globally respected clinical research and care programs at the Vancouver General Hospital (VGH), its affiliated hospitals, and the University of British Columbia (UBC). Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI), VGH&UBC Hospital Foundation, and the VGH and UBC Divisions of Respiratory Medicine are key partners of LAH and provide overall leadership.
Reporting to the Scientific Director, the Knowledge Translation Specialist will provide KT support to LAH leadership, researchers, partners and stakeholders to advance LAH goals and objectives. The KT Specialist will guide the LAH team (researchers, clinicians, health care administrators, patients and community groups) in the application of best evidence and practice of knowledge translation and implementation science theories, frameworks, models and tools, throughout the research continuum. This guidance will strengthen the knowledge cycle, helping to identify research gaps for LAH focus and to inspire LAH-catalyzed practice and policy change at individual, organization and systems levels. This is a 1 year position with the possibility for renewal. The position will be based at the VGH campus.
- Master’s Degree in a health sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience working in the health care system (health care institution, professional associations, health authorities and/or government) on projects related to evidence-informed practice and/or policy change, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of implementation science, knowledge translation theory and practice including critical appraisal, knowledge and skills related to the process of Evidence-Informed Decision Making.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain and foster relationships with researchers, decision makers, and patient groups.
- Demonstrated experience in organizing stakeholder consultations.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated record of contributing to successful grant applications.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports and presentations for diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated Strong work ethic, high degree of initiative and self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in dynamic, high pressure environments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.