Please see the website for the full job posting at https://www.peterboroughpublichealth.ca/about-us/careers/
Peterborough Public Health Requires a
Public Health Nurse
Regular, Full-Time (1.0 Full Time Equivalents (FTE))
1. Summary of duties:
Plans, implements, and evaluates specified programs as per the Ontario Public Health Standards: Requirements for Programs, Services, and Accountability and other programs administered by the Board of Health.
- Minimum qualifications and position requirements:
- Current Certificate of Competence in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Adherence to College of Nurses of Ontario Practice Standards and relevant legislation and regulations.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing.
- Demonstrated effective ongoing ability to perform the following:
- document accurately and timely;
- use clear, concise written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
- uses conflict management skills effectively;
- apply initiative, tact, diplomacy, and judgment in work-related and engagements that impact work and/or the organization;
- interpret and apply relevant legislation, research, and other relevant information;
- work independently and with others as part of a team with multidisciplinary colleagues and community partners;
- work productively and efficiently without the need for close supervision;
- adapt to new, different, and/or changing requirements;
- multi-task as needed and manage competing priorities;
- use computer word processing, internet and e-mail at an intermediate level; and,
- adapt quickly to working with custom computer programs.
- Ongoing access to reliable, efficient and effective transportation throughout the work day as travel to multiple sites in a single day is required to areas that may be inaccessible by public transportation. At times, carpooling is required where the successful incumbent will have to be able to drive others in their own vehicle.
- Current Certificate in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Maintain up-to-date immunization according to the Ontario Publicly-Funded Immunization Schedule and/or the most recent edition of the Canadian Immunization Guide and the National Advisory Committee on Immunization as per the Peterborough Public Health policy.
- TB skin testing is required at the onset of employment and may be required as part of routine TB surveillance or follow-up of potential exposures.
- Program Division Minimum Requirements:
- Demonstrated effective working knowledge, expertise, practical application and a minimum of six months full time continuous experience related to:
- working knowledge of data entry into iPHIS and Panorama;
Page 1 of 2
- at least three months full time experience in the last two years with medication administration, including vaccines.;
- strong media communication skills and presentation skills;
- infectious and communicable diseases prevention and control, immunization, school health, health promotion and case management ;
- conducting needs assessments, program evaluation, data collection and social marketing;
- developing partnerships with community groups, non- profit and government agencies and school boards;
- using a comprehensive approach to address disparities in health;
- meeting the needs of hard to reach populations and those impacted by the social determinants of health;
- facilitating partnership action;
- Indigenous cultural competence/safety training;
- ability to speak confidently to the public and media; and
- flexible availability during and outside regular business hours.
- Preferred Qualifications
- At least three months of full-time continuous experience in the last two years working in reportable disease/outbreak investigations and immunization clinics in a public health environment.
- At least three months of full-time continuous professional work experience and consistent demonstration of an up-to-date working knowledge related to engaging priority populations.
- Certificate in Infection Prevention and Control.
- Apply in writing to:
Peterborough Public Health is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process at the request of the applicant.
In applying for this job make sure your resume and/or cover letter address the qualifications noted above.
Please note that only applicants to be given further consideration will be contacted for an interview.
- Applications to be received no later than:
Friday, 29, 2019, at 12:00 p.m.