|Competition Reference Number:||CRI-10-0315 (8003)|
|Deadline Date for Application:||October 22, 2010|
|Organization:||Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)|
All employees of the Public Service of Canada including federal agencies (Separate Employers) and the general public.
Salary and Benefits
The CIHR offers attractive benefits. The salary will be based on the individual’s qualifications and experience. The salary range for this position is $102,649 to $128,312 per annum.
- An undergraduate degree and an acceptable combination of relevant training and experience in Knowledge Translation (KT).
- Experience practicing KT (facilitating application of research into policy, practice or products) or conducting KT research
- Understanding of the field of KT (including commercialization), its concepts, theories, methods and applications
- Creating and sustaining partnerships for KT among the academic, policy, clinical practice, government, and voluntary and private sectors
- Experience acting as a knowledge broker between the KT research/practice community and staff and senior management
- Experience building capacity/mentoring in the science and practice of knowledge translation
- Management experience (managing people, finances, resources) including performance management and the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic plans
- Graduate’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Knowledge of the organization and funding of Canadian health care system
- Knowledge of Canadian and international health research and KT landscape
Bilingual imperative (CBC/CBC)
Conditions of Employment
A security check is required prior to employment.
- One position is currently available.
- Your cover letter must clearly express the basis of your professional and personal interest in the position of Director. It should also provide concrete and detailed examples that clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience criteria listed under the Essential Qualifications. Applicants should also indicate in their application if they meet the asset qualifications. It is not sufficient to say that you have the required qualifications or to list your current duties. One effective approach would be to use the wording of each education and experience criterion listed as a header and write one or two paragraphs demonstrating that you have the required experience ensuring that clear details are provided.
- If you have been tested for the Second Language Evaluation, please include with your application a copy of your most recent Second Language Evaluation results from the Public Service Commission of Canada.
- Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
Quote selection process number: CRI-10-0315 (8003).
- Acknowledgement of receipt of applications will not be sent; we would like to thank all candidates who apply. Only those selected for an exam/interview will be contacted.
- An interview will be held. A written examination may be administered.
- CIHR is committed to the values and principles of employment equity. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, please inform us of accommodations (i.e., an alternative method of assessment, a technical aid, accessibility requirements, etc.) required at any stage of the assessment process, so that we can take the appropriate measures to facilitate your full participation.
- CIHR is a federal agency (Separate Employer) and does not fall under the Public Service Employment Act.
- Candidates must agree to relocate to the National Capital Region. Interview and relocation expenses may be reimbursed.