Please note this is a one year contract.
Safe Kids Canada is a leader in the areas of research, education and advocacy to prevent unintentional injuries to children and youth. Reporting to the Director, Program and Services, Safe Kids Canada offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced health care professional who can provide expert direction and support for the knowledge translation (KT) activities within Safe Kids Canada.
Employment Type: Temporary Fixed-term (0.8 – 1.0 FTE)
Hours per Week: 35 hours/week
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Education: The successful candidate will have a master’s degree in health or social sciences or a related field and a minimum of 5 years related experience. Experience in and knowledge of injury prevention would be an asset.
The successful candidate must:
- Have the ability to balance detail-oriented work with strategic level thinking
- Demonstrated the ability to understand, appraise and translate quantitative and qualitative research and data from a variety of sources and disciplines
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including an ability to write for a variety of audiences
- Have experience working in health promotion, community development, social and cause-related marketing, and non-profit environments
- Demonstrated leadership abilities including excellent judgment in the absence of established procedures and precedents
- Demonstrated ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Excellent program/time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
Description of Position:
The Manager of KT&E will:
- Responsible for all activities related to knowledge translation & exchange in the strategic and operational plan and will help to ensure the organization obtaining its goals.
- Acts as a consultant and expert adviser to internal and external stakeholders on all knowledge translation and exchange issues related to best practices in child injury prevention.
- Builds and enhances relationships with research and knowledge translation stakeholders in the injury prevention as well as the broader health care field
- Represents Safe Kids Canada at conferences and on various internal and external committees to build productive relationships, provide technical expertise, and to influence program and policy initiatives nationally and internationally.
- Helps determine the most effective approaches for research and evaluation.
- Manages and responds to professional inquiries and consultations related to child injury prevention.
- Responsible for in-house knowledge management systems of the organization.
- Oversees projects, including project and budget management.
- Provides direction and supervision for area staff, students and volunteers.
- Responsible for evidence-based research required for government relations and advocacy, programming and strategic partnerships.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting file number SCK1001-CK in the subject line of your e-mail. Only applications submitted through email@example.com will be considered. External candidates must also submit a completed application for employment. Please note that resumes must be sent in PDF or Word format only. General inquiries sent to this e-mail address will not be answered.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids would be conditional upon you providing the Hospital with satisfactory documentation of tuberculosis testing and your immunization status.