Request for Proposal
September 20, 2011
Elisabeth-Bruyère Research Institute (EBRI)
43 Bruyère Street, Ottawa ON K1N 5C8
INITIATIVE: SHRTN Collaborative
The Seniors Health Research Knowledge Exchange (SHRTN) Collaborative is a network of networks in Ontario that links researchers with caregivers and policy makers with the goal of improving the health and health care for seniors. The networks currently funded through this partnership include:
- Alzheimer Knowledge Exchange
- Ontario Research Coalition of Research Centres / Institutes on Health and Aging
- SHRTN Knowledge Exchange
The SHRTN secretariat is located in Ottawa at EBRI where the funding is received and managed.
Description of work required
EBRI (on behalf of the SHRTN Collaborative) is open to receiving interest from candidates to work with the Executive Director to fulfill the following responsibilities associated with the SHRTN Collaborative contract:
- Management of the SHRTN Knowledge Exchange Library Service (Information Specialists team which includes five Information Specialists located a five partner sites across Ontario) plus a library consultant (0.2 FTE)
- Management of the SHRTN Knowledge Exchange Partnership Streams which includes 11 Communities of Practice, 5 Communities of Interest, 6 Local Implementation Teams and a Knowledge Dissemination Series (5 Knowledge Brokers; 1 Events and Resources Coordinator) including the coordination of new application cycle and reporting requirements
- Management of the marketing and communications functions for SHRTN Knowledge Exchange
- Management of the SHRTN Collaborative Evaluation Advisory Team, the SHRTN Library and Information Advisory Team, the SHRTN Annual Assembly team, the Website working group, and the SHRTN Knowledge Exchange Partnership Review team
- Working with the Executive Director on the strategic and operation planning processes
The SHRTN Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing the work as well as for the management of staff in the secretariat, governance (Board of Directors), stakeholder relations, contracting and finances related to the SHRTN Collaborative Contract.
Level of Effort Required
This work will require the equivalent of three days per week for the duration of the contract.
Term of the Contract
This contract will cover the period of October 3, 2011 through to March 31, 2012.
The maximum funding available for this contract is $42,000 plus HST.
Location of Contractor
The successful contractor must be located in Ontario and able to work with the members of the network using on-line collaboration tools available through the network.
For more information on the SHRTN Collaborative, visit www.shrtn.on.ca. For more information on the requirements of this contract, contact Deirdre Luesby, SHRTN Executive Director at dluesby@SHRTN.on.ca
Please send a proposal of interest to Deirdre Luesby, SHRTN Executive Director at dluesby@SHRTN.on.ca by noon on Monday, September 26th.
Your proposal of interest must include a description of how you would manage this contract, the rate you will charge, a list of references, a description of the skills and experience related to:
- network management
- knowledge exchange, knowledge brokering, communities of practice, communities of interest and knowledge dissemination
- library and information services
- marketing and communications
- managing staff in a network model
Interviews will be held on Thursday, September 29th either in person in Ottawa, or by telephone.
Commencement of this work is early October, 2011.