Élisabeth Bruyère Research Institute
The Élisabeth Bruyère Research Institute is a Bruyère Continuing Care and University of Ottawa partnership. The Institute is seeking an Operations Manager to work with the SHRTN Collaborative and the Centre for Learning, Research and Innovation. The position will be a full-time contract until March 31, 2012.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual excited by the challenge of a wide spectrum of management responsibilities to provide exceptional service to two of the Institute’s initiatives that involve multiple external partners and stakeholders.
The Operations Manager will dedicate three days per week to SHRTN and will be responsible for the overseeing implementation of the operational plan including two major special initiatives (website redevelopment and Annual Assembly) and for managing the support teams in SHRTN (Information Specialists, Knowledge Brokers).
The Operations Manager will also dedicate two days per week to the launch of the newly funded Centre for Learning, Research and Innovation and be responsible for assisting with stakeholder management, communications, administration and finance.
The incumbent will report to the Executive Director for SHRTN who is also the Chief Operating Officer for the Centre of Learning, and will be also be part of the Institute’s Operations Team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead human resources activities including recruitment, retention, selection and hiring of employees, consultants, training and development, performance evaluations, conflict management, payroll administration, policy development, etc.
- Financial management including management of Centre’s budgets, approval of transactions and assisting with the preparation and approval of financial reports/budgets for granting organizations.
- Oversee marketing and communications activities for both initiatives.
- Manage SHRTN staff and consultants, including five Information Specialists (employed at 5 partner sites), four Knowledge Brokers (consultants), and SHRTN secretariat staff including 1 administrative assistant, 1 Events and Resources Coordinator and a part time financial clerk.
- Participate in the development of an operational plan for the Centre of Learning and the implementation of this plan as well as the SHRTN Operational Plan.
- Oversee the tracking of critical success factors and gather data for SHRTN and Centre of Learning reports.
- Coordinate Management, Advisory and staff meetings.
- Liaise with the EBRI, partner sites and government or external agencies.
- Oversee the infrastructure needs of the program.
- Participate on the Operations Management Committee of the ÉBRI.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of degree(s)/experience.
- Five years experience in a management position with demonstrated abilities in Human Resources, Website Development, Project, Event, and Financial Management.
- Experience working in a health services, knowledge exchange, virtual network and/or research environments.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, effectively manage overlapping duties and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills including oral presentation skills in English are required.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset.
This is a temporary term position / contract from October 2011 through to the end of March 2012.
This position/contract will require travel between Élisabeth Bruyère Hospital and Saint Louis Residence in Orleans.
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your candidacy to Deirdre Luesby, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 9 am on October 11, 2011.
We offer flexible work arrangement options and a competitive salary.