Cancer Care Ontario
POSITION SUMMARY/RÉSUMÉ DU POSTE:
To build the best health systems in the world
To deliver on our vision at Cancer Care Ontario, we believe that by sharing and supporting knowledge of the approaches that drive quality, accountability, innovation, and value we will accelerate health-system improvements.
The Ontario Cancer Plan identifies knowledge translation and exchange (KTE) as a dynamic process that involves getting the right knowledge into the hand of the right people to help drive quality, accountability and innovation. KTE is critical to advancing CCO’s quality agenda for the cancer system and represents a significant component of our activity. We are seeking to better coordinate our efforts, ensure best-practice methods are consistently applied, be innovative in our use of technology and maximize our value-for-effort and investment.
We are seeking an individual with a passion for building strategic communication frameworks and the ability to unifying a diverse group of stakeholders under a common set of goals and outcomes. This role provides a unique opportunity to shape the future of our knowledge sharing framework. Candidates should possess program development experience and an enthusiasm for creating best in class strategies across audiences and through innovative communications vehicles.
We have recently completed a jurisdictional scan, a stakeholder survey, and interviews with ‘best in class’ KTE organizations. The incumbent will work collaboratively with key stakeholders from across the organization to build upon this work to:
- Articulate our KTE goals and establish the ongoing approach to achieve them
- Design our KTE vision and framework, as well as policies, procedures, structures and approaches to ensure KTE activities across CCO are optimized
- Build the business case and transition plan to implement the new approach; secure buy-in and approval from all relevant divisions and CCO leadership.
- Establish an internal community of practice for KTE and an inventory of existing tools, interventions, expertise and evaluation strategies in order to drive efficiency and ongoing learning
- Establish key performance metrics for CCO’s KTE activities
A key deliverable of the Cancer Plan involves leveraging technology for patient- and provider-directed KTE. The incumbent must have knowledge, experience and a forward-thinking approach to leveraging technology for KTE.
- Proven program design and implementation skills, ideally having designed and implemented programs that require buy-in across departments
- Health care experience, expertise in KTE and innovative use of eTools for KTE are preferred
- An understanding of the how to identify audiences, and assess and address their needs
- Knowledge and experience with applying a project management approach in a similar role
- Experience developing and implementing a program evaluation plan
- Ability to motivate and facilitate collaboration across teams, without direct supervisory authority
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field, master’s preferred
- At least eight years of experience in a related role
- Ability to function at a high level of autonomy to set objectives, manage expectations and track progress
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders to achieve project goals
for more information and to apply, go to: https://www.recruitingsite.com/csbsites/cancercare_ontario/JobDescription.asp?SuperCategoryCode=13636&JobNumber=681613&lang=en