Position title: Knowledge Broker
Reports to: SHRTN Operations Manager Network: Seniors Health Research Transfer Network (SHRTN) Knowledge Exchange (www.shrtn.on.ca) part of the SHRTN Collaborative
Term: contract position for fiscal year with strong possibility of renewal (April – end of March)
Position: full-time (7.5 hours / day) Location: East end Ottawa (Bruyère Research Institute) preferred but will consider applications from across Ontario to work from your own home office.
The Knowledge Broker works as a facilitator to support the needs of SHRTN members (caregivers, researchers and policy makers). The Knowledge Broker works within a team of SHRTN Knowledge Brokers and collaborates with the SHRTN Secretariat, Community of Practice (CoP) / Community of Interest (CoI) leaders, the SHRTN Information and Library service team and SHRTN members to implement initiatives and activities that support the needs of the network and its members.
Key Activities (more details on these available in detailed job description available upon request)
- Support SHRTN members and network building activities
- Goal Setting
- Knowledge Transfer and Exchange
- Netoworking, Communications and Marketing
Education & Experience
- Minimum of Baccalaureate degree in a relevant field required; Master’s degree desirable.
- Knowledge of current health care or related research and knowledge translation concepts acquired through either a post- secondary program and/or 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of evidence-informed practice and decision-making.
- Experience working with healthcare practitioners, researchers /academics, government officials, administrators and patient/consumer groups.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with others to achieve shared goals.
- Experience with: organizing and chairing meetings; providing secretariat support to committees and planning learning events such as workshops and conferences.
- Proficiency (written and spoken) in both official languages is desirable.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Problem-definition and problem-solving.
- Group process/problem-solving; facilitation; participatory decision-making processes.
- Electronic technology and related software (word processing, email, spreadsheets, databases).
- Collaboration software (webinar platforms, html email services, Google docs, calendars, survey services).
- Oral and written communication including effective writing for websites, newsletters, promotional materials and other publications.
- Graphic design and effective presentation of information in a variety of contexts (web, print, tools) and differing audiences
- Working with website editing software to manage web content amendments
- Practice in knowledge exchange (e.g., communications, education/training, toolkit development, marketing, stakeholder engagement) with multi-disciplinary groups.
- You enjoy working in creative, flexible environments where initiative, good ideas and authentic collaboration through teamwork are valued.
- You are interested in learning and practicing both online and in-person knowledge exchange facilitation in cooperation with a team of skilled knowledge brokers.
- You demonstrate high quality standards and a commitment to continuous improvement in your work.
- You bring excellence to internal or external community members through excellent interpersonal skills, aimed primarily at focusing efforts on discovering and meeting their needs for information and advice.
- You operate in keeping with an understanding of the healthcare sector, market dynamics and priorities, and the SHRTN’s role in regional and provincial systems of innovation.
- Salary will depend on qualifications and experience, with a salary range of approximately $58,500 to $68,500. • Suitability for the position will be assessed at six months.
Application and Information Request
- Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and cv to Briana Seguin by April 10, 2012
- Briana Seguin, Administrative Assistant, SHRTN Secretariat, Tel: 613.562.6262 ext 1654 Email: email@example.com
- Briana can send you a more detailed job description upon request.