JOB POSTING: MANAGER, PROVIDER EDUCATION PROGRAM
Position Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Don Mills Road and Eglinton Avenue area
Career Level: Manager
Application Deadline: August 24, 2015
The Lung Association, one of Canada’s oldest health-related charities, is dedicated to the improvement of lung health. Our programs and services include public education and counseling to help prevent and manage lung disease, and professional education programs for physicians and other health care providers in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and COPD. The Lung Association’s Provider Education Program (PEP) has a knowledge translation mandate to implement and evaluate accredited continuing medical education (CME) programs and materials in accordance with the Canadian Thoracic Society’s respiratory guidelines. Reporting to the Director of Respiratory Health Programs, and working closely with other members of the broader Provincial Programs team, the Manager, Provider Education Program, supports initiatives in support of evidence-based practice to improve outcomes for patients living with respiratory disease. The Manager also oversees the Association’s Work-Related Asthma and Emergency Department Asthma Care Pathway program activities.
• Promote the Provider Education Program (PEP) and support the program staff, faculty and volunteers including the recruitment, orientation and support of volunteers for all functions of the program.
• Act as liaison between the PEP and The Lung Association’s professional societies, the ORCS and OTS, and Respiratory Health Programs team, ensuring the development of cooperative and mutually beneficial activities.
• Liaise with provincial professional associations, educational institutions, health professional colleges, family health teams and key stakeholders to promote program goals and the Primary Care Asthma Program (PCAP).
Planning and Managing
• In consultation with the Director, Respiratory Health Programs, develop the annual work plan and budget for PEP, Work Related Asthma (WRA) and Emergency Department Asthma Care Pathway (EDACP) activities aligned with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care priorities.
• Manage the program and activities of the PEP, providing leadership to and coordination of
volunteer and staff functions for program development, implementation and evaluation.
• Manage and contribute to the PEP curriculum update and development, coordinating the
internal and external review and accreditation processes.
• Manage PEP promotional strategies, including on and off-line marketing.
• Manage the evaluation process for the program and projects as determined by the work plan. This includes but is not limited to developing program evaluation tools, performance indicators, coding of data, and maintaining the program databases according to research and evaluation protocol.
• Prepare activity reports and submit regular progress reports.
• Provide recommendations regarding program modifications as needed.
• Provide staff support, meeting coordination and policy advice to the PEP committee and working groups.
• Recruit staff as required; provide day-to-day supervision and manage performance.
• Manage the WRA and EDACP dissemination program activities, liaising with advisory volunteers as appropriate.
• Support key activities of the Ontario Lung Association, including development of a provincial Lung Health Action Plan and key projects as they arise.
• Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Director, Respiratory Health Programs and/or Vice President, Provincial Programs.
• university degree, Master’s degree in Health, Social Science or Education preferred, or equivalent of education and working experience
• a regulated health care professional with experience in the respiratory field; Certified Respiratory Educator preferred
• 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience including a leadership role in a team environment
• previous research and project management experience, preferably in a health related field
• experience in Knowledge Translation Methodology
• knowledge of the Ontario health care system and respiratory health care
• excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to make effective presentations and facilitate workshops
• a collaborator with superior interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and work with diverse groups and individuals
• well-developed managerial, organizational and administrative abilities, with the ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently, meet deadlines and operate within a budget
• proficiency in Windows-based applications including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook; experience working with Raiser’s Edge or other database
• proficiency in Internet research, with knowledge of the medical library system and retrieval methods
• ability to analyse complex material and synthesize key concepts; interpret statistical data and understand quantitative and qualitative research
• demonstrated initiative and creativity
• a valid driver’s licence, means of transportation and willingness to travel as necessary within Ontario.
To apply for this position, please submit a detailed résumé and a covering letter indicating your salary expectations to Leslie Olsen, Director of Human Resources, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates and thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the position. However, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
To learn more about the Ontario Lung Association and our programs, visit www.on.lung.ca
18 Wynford Drive, Suite 401
Toronto, ON M3C 0K8
Ontario Respiratory Care Society
Ontario Thoracic Society