RFP No. 1113/OSS_00496830
This Request for Proposals (“RFP”) is an invitation to prospective Proponents to submit Proposals for the establishment of a Vendor of Record (VOR) Arrangement for Research, Evaluation and Knowledge Mobilization Services for the Learning Ministries, as further described in Part 2 – The Deliverables (the “Deliverables”). This RFP is issued by Her Majesty the Queen in right of Ontario as represented by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (the “Ministry”).
The Ministry invites prospective Proponents who have highly developed technical and operational experience and expertise related to the Ontario public education system (including early years and child care, K-12 and adult education) as well as the Ontario postsecondary education and employment and training systems, to submit Proposals in any of the following three (3) service categories:
- Research Services
- Evaluation Services
- Knowledge Mobilization Services
Organizational capacities that are critical to the Learning Ministries for all service categories have been established. These capacities include:
- Experience and expertise managing deadlines, financial budgets, milestones and deliverables of projects as per funder’s guidelines, including large-scale projects (where applicable).
- Organizational capacity to design and implement research activities that comply with ethical standards as described in the Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (http://www.pre.ethics.gc.ca/pdf/eng/tcps2/TCPS_2_FINAL_Web.pdf)
- Ability to write, communicate and present concepts in English and the ability to acquire services in French as needed.
- Experience in providing objective, evidence-based knowledge to inform policy and/or practice
In addition, Proponents wanting to qualify under the Research and Evaluation Services categories also require the following competencies:
- Solid understanding of the broader Ontario Education/Postsecondary Education/Employment and Training systems and current demonstrable expertise and experience (within the last seven years) in at least one of the following thematic areas:
- Early years – children ages 0-12 and includes full-day kindergarten, licensed child care and family support programs
- Elementary education – Kindergarten to grade 8
- Secondary education – Grade 9 to12
- Postsecondary education – Colleges and/or Universities
- Labour market and employment
- Adult education, apprenticeship or training
Issue date of RFP — January 6, 2015
Deadline to register for Information Session — January 19, 2015
Proponent Information Session — January 26, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.
Proponent’s deadline for questions — January 30, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
Deadline for issuing Addenda — February 17, 2015
Proposal submission deadline — 11:00:00 a.m. (Toronto Time), March 9, 2015
Proposed Term: Three (3) Year agreement with an option to renew for one (1) additional term of two (2) years.
This RFP is available only through BravoSolution, the electronic tendering system used by the Province of Ontario. For further information about BravoSolution visit the BravoSolution website at www.ontario.ca/tenders. Website registration is required. Registration is free. Submission of proposals to the Tender Administration Office is also free.
A Proponent who has not obtained this RFP through BravoSolution may have its Proposal disqualified unless a third party has requested this RFP from BravoSolution on that Proponent’s behalf and that Proponent has identified the third party on the Proposal Return Label for its Proposal. Failure to identify the third party in this manner may result in disqualification of a Proposal.
Paul Hoskin, C.P.M., C.D.
Team Lead, Procurement Unit
Corporate Finance and Services Branch
Serving the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
900 Bay Street, 21st Floor, Mowat Block
Toronto, ON M7A 1L2
Visit us online:
Ministry of Education: http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/
Training, Colleges and Universities: http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/