Position: Senior Scientific Lead, Knowledge Mobilization
Reports to: Vice-President, Strategy
Location: Toronto (Downtown)
Posting date: November 6, 2017
Overview of Role:
The Senior Scientific Lead, Knowledge Mobilization will report to the Vice-President, Strategy and provide advice and expertise on evidence-based policy and implementation practices, with a view to provide the necessary supports with partners across the country to adopt proven practices that have resulted in successful change and have sustainable impact. Working closely with the Director, Knowledge Mobilization, the Senior Scientific Lead will help guide the Knowledge Mobilization team’s approaches for increasing capacity to mobilize evidence into action, which also includes driving enhanced use of the Partnership’s digital ecosystem.
- Contribute broad, new thinking and, through connections with other senior cancer control leaders across Canada and internationally, inform the Partnership’s strategic direction to influence policy and to scale up successful implementation practices that are developed and tested in one part of the country and spread across the system to bring about real change at an organizational, community or system level.
- Provide strategic advice and expert counsel to the Partnership’s advisory committees and leadership team to support the planning, implementation and evaluation of the effectiveness of knowledge mobilization initiatives to impact target system outcomes
- Support the Partnership’s senior leadership team to deliver on Board-approved plans in the area of developing a more sustainable cancer system and working to embed more sustainable knowledge mobilization practices in the work of the broader Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control Work across the organization with other Senior Scientific and Expert Leads to identify synergies across program of work initiatives
- Keep up to date on best practices in policy change, dissemination, implementation and evaluation strategies and keep the VP Strategy, Director of Knowledge Mobilization and other Partnership staff apprised of new developments that may affect knowledge mobilization practices
- Be an external ambassador for the organization, specifically on issues related to knowledge mobilization in cancer control, and providing expert opinions and advice on behalf of the Partnership
- Direct and participate in the development of strategies to enhance awareness of the Partnership’s strategic direction in the scientific, academic and medical communities nationally and internationally
- Participate as a member or co-chair of the Knowledge Mobilization Steering Committee
- Participate as a member of the Partnership’s Cancer Control Council to achieve the Partnership’s 2017–22 Strategic Plan commitments
- Provide leadership in coordinating, managing and participating in conferences and events to support and promote the strategic direction of the Partnership
For further details on this position, please see the full job description in the link below:
To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter, combined in PDF or Word format to TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca