Are you interested in learning about how to apply the science of Knowledge Translation (KT) to your real-world projects? Here at the Knowledge Translation Program, we understand that applying KT can be challenging, and through our Practicing Knowledge Translation (PKT) course we aim to support you as you build your KT knowledge and skills.
The KT Program at St. Michael’s Hospital is offering Practicing Knowledge Translation (PKT), which includes a 5-day workshop from October 7-11, 2019 at the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute in Toronto, Canada.
This workshop is designed for health professionals interested in learning how to apply KT to put research evidence into practice.
Please find more information about the course on our website (https://knowledgetranslation.net/education-training/pkt) or below:
What is Practicing Knowledge Translation (PKT)?
This course is designed for health professionals interested in building their knowledge and skills to implement change using best practices in KT.
In PKT, participants learn how to:
- Develop an Evidence-informed, Theory-Driven program (ETP)
- Map barriers and facilitators to change using theories and frameworks
- Systematically select and operationalize implementation strategies
- Plan for implementation, evaluation and sustainability
Who should consider taking PKT?
- Individuals in any health-related discipline (e.g., health care, public health, mental health) responsible for implementing change.
- Previous participants have come from a range of organizations (e.g., hospitals, funding organizations, and government agencies) and roles (e.g., educators, managers, clinicians, knowledge brokers, researchers).
Since 2015, the course content has been delivered to over 310 participants globally (including participants in Australia, Uganda and Ethiopia).
What April 2019 participants have said about the course
- “I have heard over the past many years people say ‘well how do we know that is the right thing to do?’ or ‘how do we know that’… and I would say up until [PKT] we haven’t had a really good way of answering that question…”
- “Incredible workshop! Huge shoutout to the facilitators and presenters. It is not easy content to deliver and you made it enjoyable, approachable, and easy(-er) to understand!”
- “Excellent course, very practical, comprehensive. Good speakers who are clearly experts.”
Workshop dates & Location:
This workshop will be offered at the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael’s Hospital, Unity Health, Toronto, Canada. The in-person workshop is from October 7-11, 2019.
Application & contact:
Applications for this course are now open.
To apply, please fill out the application form by Thursday, August 8th at 11:59 PM to reserve your spot!
For questions, email Tom Lee (email@example.com).