The Alzheimer Society’s vision is a world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Our mission is to alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and to promote research.
Collaboration Accountability Respect Excellence
The Alzheimer Society is an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We are also committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and AODA and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Research and Knowledge Translation & Exchange Specialist
Reports to: Director, Research Program
This role will work closely with ASC staff and partners to develop and implement KTE strategies that engage the dementia research and KTE community in Canada, supporting ASC as the “go-to” organization for evidence informed information about Alzheimer’s, dementia and their impact on people living with dementia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and coordinate effective KTE strategies to create a dialogue and communicate key research knowledge of dementia with partners and stakeholders
• Translate and convert relevant content from research reports into different KTE products both printed and web-based (e.g. plain language reports, policy briefing notes, best practices guide, community resource material, infographic, public education film) to reach and share knowledge with a broad range of target stakeholders
• Actively connect with researchers nationally providing avenues for researchers to engage with ASC
• Serve as the link between the Research and Education teams, specifically identifying areas and bridging projects in a collaborative manner
• Master’s Degree or higher in Health Sciences or a related field.
• Minimum 3-5 years demonstrated experience related to KTE functions, working with different KTE strategies/tools for public education, program planning and/or policy advocacy activities, preferably in a health research environment.
• Experience working within complex organizations with multiple stakeholders is required.
• Demonstrated planning, evaluation and project management experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of scientific research and methods
• Strong relationship-building and networking skills
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
• French language skills strongly preferred.
• knowledge of dementia or neurological diseases would be an asset
• Strong technical knowledge of KTE and communication tools including publication, production, presentation softwares (i.e: Adobe Indesign, infographic), web content management and other web-based tools, webinars etc) and social media tools (Twitter, YouTube, Instagram).
• Strong research skills to evaluate KTE strategies and to identify and collect data to inform on mission outcomes and impacts
• Demonstrated skills in project and time management
• Ability to exercise initiative and vision, be resourceful, adapt easily to changes in direction
• Ability to build strong, genuine, positive and lasting relationships and credibility within the research community
• Excellent communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders and build and maintain good partnerships.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please include the ’Job Title’ in the subject line.