Position title: Ronald McDonald House Charities CanadaSr. Manager, Programs & Knowledge Translation
Reports to: Executive Director, RMHC
Status: Full Time, RMHC Contract, renewable 1 year term
RMHC Canada is the national foundation of support for Canada’s 15 Ronald McDonald Houses, 17 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms and one Ronald McDonald Care Mobile across the country. These programs support more than 25,000 families with sick children each year, providing access to medical care, and ensuring families are supported and actively involved in their children’s care.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Manager, Programs & Knowledge Translation, plays a critical and central role in strengthening the RMHC network across Canada by building and managing national support programs, capturing and understanding national mission impact, and facilitating knowledge exchange and dialogue with key mission partners of RMHC Canada, including 12 RMHC Regional Chapters (staff and leadership), RMHC Global, the RMHC Canada staff team, and the RMHC Canada Board of Directors.
Essential to the incumbent’s success in this position, will be the ability to develop a strong understanding of the role Ronald McDonald Houses play in completing the circle of family care for sick children and their families across Canada.
This important role will be responsible for advancing knowledge translation and project management across a broad range of mission serving initiatives, including:National Programs and Mission Strengthening:
- Work collaboratively with RMHC Regional Chapters across Canada, and the RMHC Canada team, to build and manage national programs and initiatives for future mission support, strengthening and national collaboration, e.g. RBC RMHC Family Wellness Program.
- Develop and administer surveys to RMHC Regional Chapters to capture and enable sharing of best practices.
- Support and coordinate RMHC Regional Chapter Committees, Task Forces and Working Groups to inform, capture and strengthen mission delivery eg. RMHC Canada National Statistics Committee, RMHC Family Room Committee
- Review and stay current with RMHC Global resources, research, program guidelines and best practices
Research and Knowledge Translation:
- Review and capture most current research on Family-Centered Care, to advance understanding and inform mission impact.
- Support and enable partnerships within the research and children’s healthcare community to develop novel approaches to knowledge translation and to stay current with emerging trends and research in family-centered care.
- Identify and support opportunities for RMHC Canada’s participation and attendance at key national conferences and events to engage with children’s healthcare partners, and other like-missioned organizations.
- Prepare reports, fact sheets, infographics and presentations to share research and knowledge translation results with key audiences
Capturing Mission Impact:
- Work collaboratively with RMHC Regional Chapters to capture and share key mission data: Annual RMHC National Outcomes Report (RADAR), and annual data on communities served by RMHC across Canada (Community Impact Report)
Understanding Mission Need:
- Support and partner with RMHC Canada leadership and key stakeholders, to build an RMHC mission demand model, that will clarify and define RMHC mission need for families with sick children across Canada
- Support and partner with RMHC Canada Leadership and key stakeholders to explore and quantify Hospital and healthcare system savings, enabled by RMHC.
RMHC Network Collaboration:
- Establish, build and sustain productive and collaborative working relationships with stakeholders and partners across the RMHC network, Canadian children’s healthcare and nonprofit sectors.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Knowledgeable about family-centered care, and the unique role that RMHC plays in completing the circle of care for families with sick children
- Demonstrated experience with project management, nonprofit program development, knowledge translation and mobilization strategies
- Experience communicating research results, clearly and in plain language to non-academic audiences
- Experience working on collaborative projects with nonprofit organizations, ideally within a national federated structure and /or Canadian children’s healthcare landscape.
- Experience with data analysis – qualitative and quantitative
- Demonstrated team player, with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, resourceful, with the ability to managing multiple priorities and projects, while working within tight deadlines.
- Dedicated self-starter who can work independently and within a peer-based team setting.
- Thrives in a fast paced corporate culture, with the ability to adjust quickly to change and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Actively demonstrates McDonald’s values
- Bilingualism (English / French) is preferred
- Program Development
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Public Relations
- Project Management