|Senior Manager, Knowledge Mobilization and Research
Conference Board of Canada
Apply here: https://www.conferenceboard.ca/hr/default.aspx
Senior Manager, Knowledge Mobilization and Research
Employment opportunity: 12-month contract, full-time hours
Reports: Director, Education & Skills
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
We are seeking a Senior Manager to join our Education & Skills team. This contract role is based in our Ottawa office and is available immediately.
Our ideal candidate has…have experience as a project and relationship manager, a research background, and an ability to lead the group’s knowledge mobilization portfolio. They will bring exceptional writing, qualitative analysis, knowledge translation skills, intellectual curiosity, passion, and commitment to a culture that values high quality work, creativity and thought leadership.
About the Role
Some of the things you will do every day:
Manage research projects to ensure deliverables are on-time, in budget, and meet expectations.
Report on research progress, outputs, and activities to internal and external bodies.
Liaise with internal teams to share information about research deliverables.
Knowledge Mobilization and Dissemination:
- Translate research findings into accessible formats for targeted stakeholders.
- Develop and lead strategy for dissemination of research findings (online and traditional outlets).
- Analyze and quickly translate complex research results into key messages for decision makers
- Effectively disseminate key research findings to appropriate internal and external stakeholders
- Manage large-scale events – including agenda development, liaising with external partners, developing post-event outputs, and managing budgets.
- Manage and lead contracts with external knowledge mobilization partners.
- Foster relationships with partners and stakeholders as well as act as primary liaison and collaborator with external stakeholders on per project bases.
- Speak with authority, providing insights to customers and stakeholders through presentations.
- Deliver excellence in product and customer service.
- Lead and contribute to research projects, applying advanced qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Produce well-written research reports, executive summaries, articles, and proposals.
- Commitment to producing high quality work and demonstrating professional values in all aspects of work and interactions with colleagues and customers.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in governance, the humanities, education, sociology, public policy, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in related roles with similar research content, stakeholder and project management.
- Experience managing large scale, multi-faceted projects.
- Experience in research operations (e.g., budgets, project management).
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies, including literature reviews, interviews, case studies, surveys, and quantitative data analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge mobilization methodologies, including knowledge translation and exchange, community/public engagement, the co-production of knowledge, and research impact.
- Creative ability to develop new approaches to disseminating information to different stakeholders.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely and quickly; published work would be an asset.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to communicate research findings to all levels of internal and external stakeholders and audiences.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Ability to travel in Canada.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, or a medical need, in order to participate in any aspect of the selection process.