ACCESS Open Minds is a pan-Canadian network uniting youth, families/carers, service providers, researchers, policymakers, and community organizations to improve youth mental health through improving services and leading ground breaking research. For more details, visit www.accessopenminds.ca
The Implementation Specialist/Coordinator will support the implementation of an evidence-based employment and education program for youth who seek services at ACCESS Open Minds sites. The Implementation Specialist/Coordinator will support sites as they implement an employment and education program through the lenses of implementation science, knowledge exchange, evaluation, coaching and health equity. The Implementation Specialist/Coordinator will support sites to develop implementation plans and work collaboratively on all aspects of implementation, including fidelity assessments. The Implementation Specialist/Coordinator, with key stakeholders, will identify and anticipate risks to the process of implementation and work collaboratively to identify possible solutions. For more details, visit this link
The Implementation Specialist/Coordinator will work collaboratively with research staff and community partners to:
Site Support and Project Management:
- Engages and collaborates with youth, research and other staff, site leads and leads to support the planning, development, implementation, evaluation, quality improvement, health equity assessment and decision-making at the local level.
- Supports sites in the implementation of the IYS project from planning to implementation, facilitating and supporting project succeed through collaborative planning and problem solving
- Works with project leaders to establish detailed work plans, and objectives to outline timelines and program/ service project deliverables.
- Takes a lead role in providing project coordination and implementing practice change.
Evaluation and Research:
- Uses implementation science framework and concepts including evidence-based research to interpret policy, procedures and standards related to client care
- Identifies best practice and emerging trends, conducts literature reviews and environmental scans to support program decision-making, planning and implementation.
- Creates knowledge products such as templates, resources, guidelines and standards, which include analyses, recommendations and expectations supported by evidence-based standards and best practices for integrated youth services as part of supporting fidelity to the service delivery model.
- Facilitates the development of community partnerships.
- Supports strategy development for sustainability and scaling up employment, education and related programs in youth mental health services, in collaboration with partners
The successful candidate will possess a At least two years of experience with large scale implementation efforts at agency and/or system levels, as well as Management experience providing direct supervisory support to staff.
Experience & Education:
- Masters Degree in health sciences, health policy/administration, or a related field from a recognized institution combined with 4+ years relevant experience working in mental health and addictions services and/or employment supports.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining positive relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a team are essential to the success of this role.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with sound judgement and decision-making skills are also essential
Skills & Expertise:
Strong initiative ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Collaborative communication style and ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders (researchers, service providers, youth, families/carers, community services/sites, etc.);
- Demonstrate professionalism, discretion, courtesy, and respect in all interactions with internal and external clients creating a positive image for ACCESS Open Minds
- Flexible and able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Capable of adjusting work schedules to meet multiple demands and pressures
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience working with Indigenous communities;
- Understanding of different provincial and federal health systems and services
- Bilingualism (English and French, spoken and written)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and CV in one PDF file by email to: Access@douglas.mcgill.ca. Please put “Implementation Specialist/Coordinator: ACCESS Open Minds” in the subject line. Applicants should include detailed overview of previous experiences with quantitative data analysis, including details regarding specific role, tasks, and specific description of research.
Deadline for submitting applications: July 12th, 2021
NOTE: We thank all candidates who apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.