Full-Time Fixed-Term Employee Contract until September 30, 2022
Reporting to the Director, Research & Evaluation and working closely with the Project Lead, Communications and Stakeholder Relations, the Knowledge Mobilization and Project Coordinator develops, collects, and disseminates a range of creative knowledge mobilization products, tools and resources and acts as a project coordinator for various Alliance initiatives, with focus on two grant-funded projects: COVID-19 vaccination rollout and social prescribing for older adults.
- Develops tailored communication and knowledge mobilization plans for various Alliance initiatives and projects.
- Engages knowledge users throughout the life cycle of projects and initiatives to identify knowledge needs and gaps, develop and implement plans in response, and iteratively improve tools and resources based on feedback.
- Develops strategies to raise the projects’ profile.
- Develops an in-depth understanding and interconnectedness of the Alliance’s work, positioning and strategic objectives.
- Rapidly develops and delivers creative knowledge mobilization products, tools and resources that are responsive to the needs of the Alliance network. This includes but is not limited to client and provider-facing materials and resources, evidence-based reports, reports for funders, training materials, presentations and webinars and videos.
- Collaborates with the Communication team to plan and implement knowledge mobilization initiatives using various platforms: social media, print, digital print, video, ebulletin, etc.
Communication with Stakeholders
- Develops key messages/ reports/ communication materials by collecting, reviewing and summarizing information from various sources.
- Creates and maintains material and resource repositories for various projects.
- Tailors messages for different audiences, including interpretation of complex and fast-changing data.
- Maintains up to date internal database of project activities and contact details of key stakeholder groups for knowledge mobilization and communication.
- Maintains regular communication and supports information and knowledge sharing with project stakeholders.
- Supports Communities of Practices for various project stakeholders.
Project Management & Project Support
- Supports project administration and coordination, including: setting milestones, organizing meetings with relevant stakeholders, monitoring project progress, and preparing meeting minutes, status reports, expense forms, and other project documents.
- Implements projects in alignment with established project goals and objectives.
- Supports the development of projects reports, presentations, materials and resource documents.
- Provides on-going support and builds rapport with Alliance members involved.
- Acts as the point of contact with project collaborators and stakeholders.
- Keeps project participants informed of the project’s progress through regular reports and communication.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant area of study or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a communications or knowledge mobilization role, or similar.
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Superior organization and project management skills.
- Highly comfortable navigating through ambiguity in a fast paced environment and working with quick turnaround times.
- Ability to synthesize and translate complex information and experience for different audiences in a variety of formats, including verbally, in writing, and through social media.
- Ability to generate and transform creative ideas into inspiring and compelling communications activities, materials and messaging.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills to prepare a wide range of products and help stakeholders understand evidence/ data.
- Proficient computer skills including the ability to use various applications to build knowledge mobilization products and resources.
- Knowledge of internet culture and proven track record with social media tools.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to conduct work in keeping with the Alliance’s commitment to anti-oppression, anti-racism and Indigenous Cultural Competency framework.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of Ontario’s health care system an asset.
- Experience in creating videos considered an asset.
The Alliance offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including pension with HOOPP. Salary is commensurate on qualifications, experience and is set within Alliance’s established salary grid and policy guidelines.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 30, 2021 at 10:00AM (EST)
- E-mail your cover letter and resume as one (1) document in confidence to resumes@allianceON.org
(link sends e-mail)
- Put “Knowledge Mobilization and Project Coordinator 410-082021”in the subject line of your email.
The Alliance for Healthier Communities is the voice of a vibrant network of community-governed primary health care organizations. Alliance members serve diverse communities across the province of Ontario, and they are rooted in the communities they serve. They share a commitment to advancing health equity through the delivery of comprehensive primary health care.
- Our Vision: The best possible health and wellbeing for everyone living in Ontario.
- Our Mission: We champion transformative change to improve the health and wellbeing of people and communities facing barriers to healt
The Alliance for Healthier Communities is an equity employer and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples and individuals from racialized groups, francophone communities and people of all sexual orientations and genders and persons with disabilities. Fluency in both French and English is an asset.
Upon request, reasonable accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants in advance however, only those under consideration will be contacted.