Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care is looking to fill one Knowledge Translation & Implementation Coordinator (TFT, 1 year) position with the Waypoint Research Institute. If you have questions about the role, please feel free to contact me (Laura Ball) directly at email@example.com. Application details are included in the posting below or click HERE to go directly to the posting on the Waypoint website.
The Manager of Research & Academics Operations is currently seeking a Knowledge Translation & Implementation Coordinator. The purpose of the positions is to support the Waypoint Research & Academics Division Strategic Plan by leading a wide variety of projects and activities related to the knowledge translation and implementation of evidence-based practices, research knowledge and expertise into clinical practice. The position requires the individual to leverage leadership skills, advance tools and evidence best practices that facilitate knowledge translation and implementation within Waypoint and the broader research community, while building organizational capacity. The individual will work with interdisciplinary clinical program, research, and corporate services to identify knowledge translation gaps and opportunities and to assist subject matter experts across Waypoint to incorporate an implementation science framework to their work.
Note: Currently this position is working remotely due to the COVID pandemic. Working remotely is continuously being assessed throughout the pandemic and will be re-evaluated as the pandemic resolves. All applicants are encouraged to apply but are advised that this position may require onsite work at our Penetanguishene hospital location as determined by the program manager.
- Fosters effective relationships and interactions between knowledge creators and users
- Independently carries out scholarly work, including writing grants, writing research papers, preparing presentations and publication, presenting research at seminars, stakeholder meetings and conferences
- Follows research, practice and patient trends in order to identify potential KT projects
- Stays up to date with, and participate in the development of, methodological approaches for KT and implementation science
- Conceives, develop, seeks funding for, manages and direct knowledge translation projects and position-specific identified research projects
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the annual Waypoint Research Institute conference and KT series (i.e. ‘Waypoint Talks’)
- Writes and edits high quality KT content
- Supports the inclusion of KT in the development of research projects, grant proposals and other written materials
- Advises research team in developing study documentation that reflects best practices in implementation science
- Co-leads implementation teams comprising research staff and clinicians
- Supports research analysis; co-write reports and publish/present research findings
- Translates quantitative and qualitative data into recommendations for practice, and plans for future KT projects
- Graduate degree with formal training in knowledge translation and/or implementation science.
- Minimum of five years demonstrated experience in a knowledge translation position (preferably in the Mental Health field) and a minimum of one year demonstrated experience in implementation science.
- Experience with the practical and theoretical principles of knowledge translation and implementation, and building and maintaining partnerships with multiple stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Demonstrated knowledge of translation methods and best practices to provide knowledge translation and implementation expertise, advice and support to build Waypoint’s KT and implementation capacity.
- Knowledge of key roles and stakeholders in knowledge translation and implementation science; particularly in mental health, to develop collaborative efforts and to keep abreast of development in the field.
- Knowledge of evaluation and research methodologies to conduct research and data collection in order to develop and /or support the development and evaluation of knowledge translation and implementation products and services.
- Proven project management skills to lead a variety of knowledge translation, implementation and research projects and teams within Waypoint
- Results oriented work ethic to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and deliver quality, consistent and timely results
- Demonstrated leadership, conflict resolution, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt readily to change
- Models and promotes core ethical practice, Waypoint Values (Caring, Respect, Accountability, Innovation), and reflects an optimistic and positive attitude
- Preference for proficiency in French/English language skills
How do I apply?
External applicants apply to http://www.waypointcentre.ca/i_want_to/join_your_team quoting Job ID WC21-178. This position will be open until filled. Attach your cover letter and resume detailing why you are interested in this opportunity and how you meet the qualifications and key accountabilities specified.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued and respected. Waypoint offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.