Manager, Knowledge Translation & Programs
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of Canadians? If so, this may be the opportunity for you. Parachute is seeking a Manager, Knowledge Translation & Programs to join our injury prevention team. This individual will be responsible for the planning, executing and delivering assigned injury prevention project(s). They will define project requirements and scope, determine required project resources and supervise the efforts of project team members. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, project development, management, planning, organization, managing logistics, research, budget management and reporting, fund development, evaluation and knowledge transfer. Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders / team members and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each project’s lifecycle.
Parachute is Canada’s national charity dedicated to injury prevention. Our mission is to create a safer Canada by preventing serious and fatal injuries through evidence-based solutions that advocate and educate. Our vision is A Canada free of serious injuries, with Canadians living long lives to the fullest. For more information, visit www.parachute.ca
• Complete all project deliverables ensuring project milestones are met within approved budget and time parameters.
• Establish a project charter for each project, defining goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing requirements, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones and deliverables, budgets and timelines.
• Lead all aspects of the project(s) planning and delivery, including, where required, evaluation of project outcomes.
• Manage and coordinate the delivery of all project components including communication and coordination of deliverables from consultants and contractors.
• Maintain relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders including, government agencies, ministries and funder stewardship, by acting as main point of contact.
• Facilitate regular project team meetings.
• Prepare progress reports for senior management and funder(s) in accordance with project reporting timelines. Provide regular status updates, including presentations as required.
• Timely identification and communication of issues that pose a risk to project deliverables, budgets or timelines.
• Address and resolve project issues and risks in a timely, effective manner.
• Manage activities of interns, students, junior staff members to ensure successful project delivery.
• Adhere to established methodologies for project management.
• Prepare topic specific content and other activities as required.
• Represent, participate and/or present at external events such as conferences, meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Contribute to fund development by providing research and information on program options. Compile reports for funders and/or provide status updates.
• Act as media spokesperson.
• Performs all other duties as assigned..
• University degree in public health, social sciences or related field
• 3-5 years of experience or combination of academic preparation and experience in health care and project management
• Experience in injury prevention an asset
• Fluency in French, written and spoken, an asset
Posting Date: July 29, 2021
Closing Date: August 8, 2021
Starting Salary Range: $60,000 – $75,000
How to apply: Apply directly online with your cover letter and resume to
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.