Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of Canadians? If so, this may be the opportunity for you. Parachute is seeking a Knowledge Translation & Programs Coordinator to join our injury prevention team. This individual will be responsible for the development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of a variety of research and knowledge translation initiatives, including programs, within Parachute. You will act as the first point of contact to a variety of internal and external stakeholders as well as a central resource to assist with building capacity related to injury prevention knowledge translation and exchange at Parachute.
Parachute is Canada’s national charity dedicated to injury prevention. Our mission is to create a safer Canada by preventing serious and fatal injuries through evidence-based solutions that advocate and educate. Our vision is A Canada free of serious injuries, with Canadians living long lives to the fullest. For more information, visit www.parachute.ca
- Provide knowledge and guidance for the evaluation and measurement of impact of injury prevention programs
- Conduct regular reviews of current publications for research that could impact and/or influence Parachute’s information and positions, review Parachute website content to ensure resources are current and reflect best practices
- Create knowledge products, develop dissemination plans and evaluations. This includes government relations briefings and communication strategies.
- Provide support to various internal stakeholders to ensure all Parachute information and activities are evidence based and correctly referenced
- Coordinate projects including developing work plans, monitoring deliverables, creating reports, scheduling, planning, organization, budget overview, coordinating logistics, research, evaluation and knowledge transfer
- Manage and respond to research inquiries and requests for Parachute’s participation in research grants
- Represent, participate and/or present at external events such as conferences, meetings, workshops and seminars
- Support the KT Management Strategy within the organization’s KT Framework
- Contribute to fund development by providing research and information on programoptions. Compile reports for funders and/or provide status updates
- Prepare information and documentation for media interviews. Participate in interviews.
- University degree in public health, social sciences or related field
- Knowledge Translation Professional Certificate or commensurate training an asset
- Fluency in French, written and spoken, an asset
- Two-to-three years of related experience
Posting Date: June 7, 2021 Closing Date: June 14, 2021
How to apply: Apply directly with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.