Implementation is about strategically enacting change. It’s complex and challenging, but it can feel even more challenging in complex systems because there are so many considerations and so much uncertainty. Very little of what we do to change systems feels like it’s strategic.
How can we embrace this complexity and manage uncertainty?
The answer is in systems thinking. Combined with implementation science, systems thinking can be a powerful tool for meaningful change. It enables us to break out of our typical go-to processes for implementation and find innovative solutions.
Embracing Complexity is The Center for Implementation’s upcoming special training series that guides you through the process of adopting a systems thinking mindset in your implementation practice so that you can be more strategic about your systems change efforts. Register by July 8th!
We’ve designed the training to provide clear guidance on 5 common pain points that people experience when trying to implement in complex systems.
We will show you how to unpack complex concepts for practical application using concrete tools you can use right away in your work — regardless of which level of the system you work at and which sector you’re in.
This special training series is for you if:
- You’re working on a complex problem in a complex system, and want to understand the different ways in which people/organizations can connectand work more cohesively with one another.
- You get overwhelmed when assessing the problem. You want to take a bird’s eye view to better visualize the multiple pathways to the problem, and to decide on directions that will help you meet your outcomes and goals.
- You have decided on solution(s) to implement, but are having difficulty selecting change strategies because of the complexity of your solution(s)and the system in which you work.
- You want to understand more deeply what makes the system ready for changeand advocate for policies and contexts that enable change to enhance your efforts.
- You find it difficult to wrap your head around evaluating system change efforts because of their complexity, and want to learn how to measure what is happening in more flexible and adaptive ways.
Embracing Complexity can benefit anyone working on a complex problem in a complex system. We take a “topic agnostic” approach that can be tailored to each person’s needs.
For this beta version of the special training series, we’ll be experimenting with exciting new content and formats.
- Never-before-seen content from The Center for Implementation that specifically embeds systems thinking into implementation science approaches
- A collection of 8 expertly developed and curated tools, resources, and templatesthat guide you through different concepts
- Learning content in various formats such as video, audio, fillable PDFs, and interactive activities so you can creatively approach systems thinkingand make connections to apply concepts
- 5 one-hour live sessions led by Sobia Khan and Dr. Julia Moore, TCI’s expert staff, that align with each module’s content so you can practice systems thinking in real-time with other professionals
- A certificate in Practical Implementation in Complex Systemsafter completing all modules and assignments
Embracing Complexity kicks off on July 12th and runs for 5 weeks with a new module released each week. All content and recordings will be available to you until December 31, 2021.
Visit here to learn more and register. Registration closes July 8, 2021.
Note that we offer discounts for groups of 3+ employees from the same organization, full-time students, individuals in low- and middle-income countries, and past participants of our online courses (Designing for Implementation and Implementation, Spread, and Scale). Email us for more info.
We hope to see you there!