|Reports to:||Senior Lead, Knowledge Synthesis|
|STATUS:||Permanent, full-time (35 hours/week)|
|HIRING RANGE:||$53,000 – $62,500|
|Location:||1300 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON|
The Ontario HIV Treatment Network (OHTN), established in 1998, is a nonprofit organization with a mission to improve the health and lives of people living with and at risk of HIV by using data and evidence to drive change. We work with three main types of partners — 1) testing programs and clinics; 2) AIDS service and other community-based organizations; and 3) policy and system leaders within and beyond the health sector – to support the implementation of the provincial HIV strategy, priorities, and directions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Analyst, Knowledge Synthesis is responsible for supporting the knowledge synthesis initiatives at the OHTN as these are identified, requested and assigned. This includes collaborating with other team members to support the OHTN’s literature review and Rapid Response service activities. The overall objective of this position is to support evidence informed decision-making and research.
- Provides scientific research evidence for evidence-informed decision-making and research.
- Collaborates with team members for requests to the OHTN’s Rapid Review Service. This includes: conducting literature searches, reviewing search results, critically reviewing research evidence, drafting summaries, and publication of the final product.
- Supports the syntheses of evidence arising from research to produce background documents, presentations, and other knowledge synthesis products as requested.
- Collaborates with other team members to produce systematic and literature reviews. This includes: conducting literature searches, coordinating internal and external reviewers, conducting data extractions and quality appraisals, establishing literature databases, ensuring appropriate methods are followed, and contributing to final publications.
- Applies quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies to the analysis and interpretation of research data.
- Supports dissemination of research findings through methods such as publications, conferences, training workshops and disseminating regularly to network partners, etc.
- Maintains and updates online knowledge synthesis repositories, including evidence- and data- categorization according to pre-developed taxonomies.
- Contributes to program monitoring and evaluation.
- Other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in a health research discipline or a related field
- 2 years’ relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage numerous and shifting priorities
- Exceptional scientific and lay writing skills
- Team player with a high proficiency of oral and written communication
- Ability to quickly master the basic functionality of various computer software and online platforms
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use “Analyst, Knowledge Synthesis” as the subject line
- Your cover letter and resume should be attached as a single PDF/Word file and named
“Full Name – Analyst, Knowledge Synthesis”
- Please outline your salary expectations in your cover letter
Application Deadline: THURSDAY, JULY 22, 2021
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the OHTN, but only candidates receiving serious consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
The OHTN is committed to employment equity and to the greater involvement and meaningful engagement of people living with HIV/AIDS (GIPA/MIPA) in all that we do. We encourage applications from persons living with HIV/AIDS and people with culturally diverse backgrounds to join our team.
We are also committed to fostering inclusion and accessibility in all areas of our work. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.