|REPORTS TO:||Senior Lead, Education & Capacity Building|
|STATUS:||Permanent, full-time (35 hours/week)|
|HIRING RANGE:||$53,000 – $62,500|
|LOCATION:||1300 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON|
The Ontario HIV Treatment Network (OHTN), established in 1998, is a nonprofit organization with a mission to improve the health and lives of people living with and at risk of HIV by using data and evidence to drive change. We work with three main types of partners — 1) testing programs and clinics; 2) AIDS service and other community-based organizations; and 3) policy and system leaders within and beyond the health sector – to support the implementation of the provincial HIV strategy, priorities, and directions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Education Experience Producer is an integral member of the Evidence Impact Team and is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of education and other capacity building/training products and events that will result in the successful transfer and adoption of evidence, leading practices and practical skills among OHTN’s key partners: clinical care providers, testing programs, community-based HIV organizations and provincial programs, policy makers and researchers. This position reports to the Senior Lead, Education and Capacity Building and works in collaboration with provincial capacity building organizations and networks to identify and adopt effective learning and event platforms and approaches, and to develop, deliver and evaluate a range of education and capacity building activities.
Education program development and implementation:
- Support all planning activities, program schedule development and sourcing new and innovative training and development technologies initiated by OHTN and in collaboration with partners including the Ontario AIDS Network, HIV Resources Ontario and others.
- Coordinate the roll-out of approved education and capacity building programs and events, including the design and implementation of online training.
- Liaise with partners, SMEs, internal stakeholders and vendors to coordinate and deploy education events.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.).
- Act as event facilitator/host.
- Serve as a technical resource for programs that are internally developed and presented.
- Provide support and training to presenters and troubleshoots technical issues.
- Provide multi-media production and support for other OHTN products.
- Produce and edit live and pre-recorded learning events and media arising from OHTN initiatives.
- Attend meetings and events representing the OHTN in a positive light.
- Develop and support new and current partnership engagements including identifying and building relationships with prospective collaborative partners.
- Form and maintain positive and constructive relationships.
- Support HRO activities by providing resources when required and as directed by the Senior Lead of Education and Capacity Building.
- Coordinate and support all administrative functions including scheduling meetings, meeting agendas and notes, vendor agreements, correspondence and managing event calendars.
- Coordinate collaborative initiatives with provincial HIV capacity building organizations and other network partners.
- Produce and distribute program promotional material (e.g. flyers, social media, web content).
- Organize registration management system, monitors and reports on event enrollment, participation and evaluation.
- Maintain and update project documentation, media, course material and contact lists.
- Support other OHTN divisions with coordination of meetings and consultations with stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or a related field, preferably in a health or social services related organization
- Certification in Adult Education or Instructional Design an asset
- Advanced knowledge of online e-Learning software
- Strong skills and experience in event planning and production
- Computer proficiency including advanced skills with MS Office applications
- Proficiency with multimedia production and editing tools (eg., Audacity, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, SnagIt, GoAnimate, VideoScribe, Articulate 360, Vyond)
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and be flexible
- Ability to deal calmly, courteously and effectively with people at multiple levels and build strong working relationships
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-functional team
- Ability to exercise good judgment and initiative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail and experience showing accuracy with complex and detailed work
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use “Education Experience Producer” as the subject line
- Your cover letter and resume should be attached as a single PDF/Word file and named
“Full Name – Education Experience Producer”
Application Deadline: THURSDAY, JULY 15, 2021
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the OHTN, but only candidates receiving serious consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
The OHTN is committed to employment equity and to the greater involvement and meaningful engagement of people living with HIV/AIDS (GIPA/MIPA) in all that we do. We welcome those who strive to understand and appreciate the diversity of our network, population, and community. We encourage applications from persons living with HIV/AIDS and people with culturally diverse backgrounds to join our team.
We are also committed to fostering inclusion and accessibility in all areas of our work. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.