|REPORTS TO:||Director, Evidence Impact|
|STATUS:||Permanent, full-time (35 hours/week)|
|HIRING RANGE:||$70,000 – $80,000|
|LOCATION:||1300 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON|
The Ontario HIV Treatment Network (OHTN), established in 1998, is a nonprofit organization with a mission to improve the health and lives of people living with and at risk of HIV by using data and evidence to drive change. We work with three main types of partners — 1) testing programs and clinics; 2) AIDS service and other community-based organizations; and 3) policy and system leaders within and beyond the health sector – to support the implementation of the provincial HIV strategy, priorities, and directions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Lead, Communications and KTE (Knowledge, Transfer and Exchange), under the direction of the Director, Evidence Impact, plays a key role in developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the Ontario HIV Treatment Network (OHTN)’s strategic communications. The incumbent will be curious and passionate about helping people understand complex scientific information, and use their training and experience to create innovative communications initiatives and disseminate effective communications products to the right audiences using the best distribution channels. The Senior Lead, Communications and KTE will be responsible for improving the OHTN’s internal and external communications, organizational standards, and education platforms. They will be committed to our goals of making new HIV infections rare and improving the health and well-being of people living with and at-risk of HIV. The incumbent will focus on advancing the OHTN’s work and the work of its key partners: clinical care providers, testing programs, community-based HIV organizations, policy makers and researchers. The Senior Lead, Communications and KTE will be the primary liaison for all communications and KTE initiatives and manage core Communications staff.
Implement strategy for internal and external communications:
- Oversee the creation and implementation of the communication strategy for OHTN and contribute to its monitoring and evaluation.
- Collaborate with OHTN Directors and Senior Leads to develop and implement communication strategies aligned with annual program plans and report on the successes of the OHTN.
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of internal and external communications standards.
- Manage website development and production of social media content – ensures that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
- Manage vendor relationships and attainment of deliverables.
- Liaise with media, where appropriate, and coordinate the handling of requests for interviews, statements etc.
Lead the writing and oversee the production of communication products to meet the needs of our three types of partners:
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic products including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, and OHTN’s websites.
- Author organizational messages and key documents; edit and oversee other written products.
- Oversee the creation of presentations, articles, reports and information for internal and external use.
- Commission external communication support, as needed.
- Ensure style guide and branding practices are adhered to across the organization.
Implement and evaluate effective KTE and dissemination strategies:
- Act as primary communications liaison and KTE strategist and manage the development and deployment of customized communication products.
- Ensure development of strategic and effective dissemination of products to the right audience(s), in the right format and at the right time and contribute to the evaluation of these communication interventions.
- Oversee the tracking and measurement and impact of engagement within the OHTN network over time.
- Keep abreast of current trends in the field of communications theories and practice.
Support development and implementation of education events and communications initiatives:
- Work with Directors and Senior Leads to develop content for and deliver education and communication events, such as conferences, training webinars, and campaigns.
- Identify, evaluate, and support the use of media, technologies and digital platforms that enable effective uptake and adoption.
- Coordinate with external contributors and vendors and manage project logistics.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and coaching support to direct reports.
- Monitor and manage performance of direct reports.
- Lead recruitment process to fill vacancies as they occur.
- Drafting and maintain the Communication program plan and workplan.
- Project manage assigned workload.
- Responsible for reporting of relevant objectives.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or a related field, preferably in a health or social services related organization
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated relevant experience
- Strong working knowledge of communication principles and practices
- Knowledge of strategic communication and stakeholder engagement processes, and proven ability to develop and implement effective communications plans and tactics
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills with a demonstrated ability to write clear, engaging copy for a variety of communications materials, purposes and audiences
- Ability to translate data and scientific evidence into actionable messages
- Ability to develop high quality communications materials with timely, relevant, accurate content – exhibiting attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and manage sensitive and complex communications issues
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Proven experience in web and digital media, and ability to identify opportunities for digital growth and optimization and to lead large-scale web and digital projects
- A level of understanding of web languages and functionality sufficient to work with and give feedback to web developers and designers
- Experience overseeing various social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn in support of the organization’s, goals and objectives
- Strong PC skills (MS Office – Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook)
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application via e-mail to email@example.com
- Please use “Senior Lead, Communications & KTE” as the subject line
- Your cover letter and resume should be attached as a single PDF/Word file and named
“Full Name – Senior Lead, Communications & KTE”
Application Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the OHTN, but only candidates receiving serious consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
The OHTN is committed to employment equity and to the greater involvement and meaningful engagement of people living with HIV/AIDS (GIPA/MIPA) in all that we do. We welcome those who strive to understand and appreciate the diversity of our network, population, and community. We encourage applications from persons living with HIV/AIDS and people with culturally diverse backgrounds to join our team.
We are also committed to fostering inclusion and accessibility in all areas of our work. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.