APPLICATIONS DUE FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 2022!
What is KTPC and who is it for?
KTPC is an online, seven-day professional development course for knowledge translation (KT) professionals (ie. knowledge brokers, KT specialists, KT managers, and other professionals whose work has a significant KT focus). Participation in this intensive requires some background in KT. The curriculum focuses on the core competencies of KT work in Canada, as identified by a survey of KT practitioners. These competencies include KT Planning, KT Theories and Frameworks, Implementation and Evaluation, among others. The course balances theory and practical application, and we invite active participation by employers/mentors to help build an organizational culture that supports KT.
Developed by the Learning Institute at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, KTPC is hosted three times a year (March, June, October). Each session is open to a limited number of participants.
When, where, and how much does it cost?
When: October 24-November 1, 2022 (excluding the weekend); 10am-5pm ET
Where: Online via Zoom
Cost: $2300 CAD
- KTPC is fully accredited by the Continuing Professional Development Office at The University of Toronto’s Faculty of Medicine. Successful completion of the course awards participants a Certificate of Completion from the University of Toronto and The Hospital for Sick Children.
- KTPC is recognized by Accreditation Canada as a Leading Practice.
- Each session of KTPC is rigorously evaluated to ensure learner success and tangible learning outcomes. Participants come away with a comprehensive KT Plan relevant to their work.
- KTPC includes 39 hours of virtual contact time, including instruction, active learning, coaching and consultation with a variety of expert faculty.
- Participants also have access to faculty support following the course and are encouraged to be active members of the KTPC Alumni interactive online community.
I want to apply! What next?
- Download and complete the KTPC Application Form October 2022 in full, including supervisor endorsement.
- Submit completed applications to Andrea Chiaramida via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. SUBJECT LINE: KTPC October 2022 Application.
- The submission deadline is Friday, August 12, 2022, 11:59 pm ET.
Questions? Contact Renira Narrandes, Program Manager, Knowledge Translation, Learning Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children at email@example.com.