TVCC is recruiting for a part-time (15 hours per week), permanent Knowledge Translation Specialist in our Quality Management department. This position is based in our London office.
Since 1949, TVCC has been working with children and youth to help them reach their full potential. Today, a wide range of services and supports are provided for young people with physical disabilities, communication disorders, developmental delays and autism spectrum disorders to support them in attaining the best available quality of life and health. In partnership with local and regional agencies, TVCC annually serves more than 9,000 children, youth and their families from birth to age 19 across Southwestern Ontario in over 700 locations.
- Developing, executing and evaluating knowledge dissemination and exchange plans using a range of methods.
- Designing, organizing, facilitating and evaluating knowledge exchange events such as conferences, webinars, community forums and other engagement activities
- Coordinating and collaborating with partners to offer engagement events such as Child Health Symposium
- Maintaining familiarity with all TVCC related research and writing a yearly summary of research activities to share with others such as clients, families, staff, researchers and funding stakeholders.
- Collaborating on and writing topic specific research summaries to support knowledge translation for a wide audience (e.g., research lay summaries, newsletters, fact-sheets, infographics)
- Collaborating on, developing and writing content to be posted to the Research section of the TVCC website TVCC’s research and TVCC social media.
- Stay abreast of best practices in knowledge exchange and client engagement to inform activities
- Masters in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Health/Research Communications, Health Policy or a field related to pediatric rehabilitation required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Research Department or Program in a social services or healthcare agency.
- Possess an excellent understanding of all aspects of knowledge exchange (generation, synthesis, product development, dissemination, exchange, evaluation); certificate training and/or demonstrated experience in knowledge translation is an asset
- Knowledge of psychosocial research is an asset
- Experience in designing, organizing, facilitating and evaluating knowledge exchange events such as stakeholder meetings, webinars, community forums and other engagement activities
- Ability to interpret and identify key results from evidence and succinctly summarize findings in plain language
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and are positive, diplomatic and tactful when working with others
- Experience developing creative knowledge products such as infographics, newsletters, fact-sheets, lay summaries, presentations and/or video stories
- Experience managing web content and social media accounts
- Familiarity with research terminology and American Psychological Association publication guidelines.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, balance a number of tasks and be extremely detailed oriented.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (as an attachment in .pdf or Word format) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position you are interested in. To learn more about TVCC, please visit our website at www.tvcc.on.ca.
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TVCC is committed to making our recruitment and selection process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
Please note that TVCC has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Any offer of employment will be conditional on providing proof of vaccination in accordance with our policy.