Knowledge Mobilization Manager
Office of Research, Agri-Food Partnership
Temporary full-time from January 17, 2022 to April 29, 2023
Temporary absence of the regular incumbent
Hiring #: 2022-0013
Please read the Application Instructions before applying
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications and Knowledge Mobilization, the Knowledge Mobilization Manager (Manager) manages programming and services designed to enhance the impact of research supported by the Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance, a partnership between the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs and the University of Guelph. The Manager is responsible for i) designing, monitoring, and evaluating an annual knowledge mobilization plan that supports strategic, annual goals of the Alliance; and ii) managing data management planning, programming and services. These responsibilities are designed to help maximize the impact of Alliance programs, including the Tier I Research Funding Program, Knowledge Translation and Transfer Funding Program, Highly Qualified Personnel Scholarship Program and research conducted at Ontario’s Agri-Food Research Centres, a network of centres that spans the province of Ontario. The Manager works with a dynamic team of research administration, communications, and knowledge mobilization professionals, and is the direct supervisor of two full-time positions: the Research Centre Outreach Coordinator and the Knowledge Mobilization Coordinator.
We are looking for an enthusiastic problem-solver with strong collaboration skills. Requirements for the position include:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field with a preference for agricultural sciences, extension, or a similar field (a master’s degree is preferred), and at least two years of relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent understanding of knowledge translation and transfer (KTT), knowledge mobilization (KMb) and/or implementation science theory and best practice, with preference for additional training in KTT or KMb (for example, University of Guelph Certificate in Knowledge Mobilization or equivalent program).
- Understanding of the Ontario agri-food sector.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration, liaison and/or brokering activities in a professional setting.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among stakeholders with broad and complex needs.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience in event and/or conference planning.
- Superb attention to detail, time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and a demonstrated ability to translate scientific information to a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to identify, design and deploy project specific KTT tools to enhance research impact.
- Strong program design and evaluation skills
(Covering) Position Number: 544-035
Professional/Managerial Salary Bands
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.
Posting Date: 2022 01 05
Closing Date: 2022 01 19 (extended)
Job Posting: https://www.uoguelph.ca/hr/careers-guelph/current-opportunities/knowledge-mobilization-manager