For more information and to apply, please see the job posting
Deadline: September 7, 2022
The Strategic Partnerships Division leads engagement of partners in Canada’s health system and broader cancer community who are key to implementing practice and policy changes that deliver on the priorities of the 2019-2029 Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control. The division works with the Partnership’s program teams and system partners to develop work plans, monitor progress, and regularly assess new and evolving work to ensure it aligns with the eight priorities of the Strategy. The division also leads communications activities to strategically support and profile the work of the Partnership in driving forward the priorities of the Strategy across partners, stakeholders and the public. The division also oversees a special agenda of working alongside First Nations, Inuit and Métis to drive forward People-specific priorities and actions, outlined in the Strategy, by co-developing and implementing solutions to improving cancer care for those in these communities.
The Lead, Strategy supports the Strategic Partnerships Division in carrying out projects and initiatives to achieve organizational priorities. Reporting to the Manager, Strategy the incumbent leads the delivery of program/project objectives. As a highly organized professional with strong time management skills, this position delivers on the tasks of the job while contributing to the Partnership’s overall vision to reduce the burden of cancer on all Canadians.
Core responsibilities & activities
Program specific responsibilities
- Ensures strategic alignment and integration of the Partnership’s work and supports the implementation of the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control throughout the planning, management and delivery of the Partnership’s work. This includes focusing on outcomes to maximize the value and relevance of funded work across the cancer system
- In alignment with the Integrated Planning Framework, provides input into development of key organizational planning processes such as the 5-year business plan and annual corporate plan
- Leads the development of strategic recommendations that guide project delivery by considering a variety of information sources, best practices, approaches, and viewpoints while bringing a diversity, equity and inclusion lens
- Develops and implements strategic frameworks to guide decision-making (e.g. business drivers, prioritization framework, readiness assessment and sustainability frameworks and tools, SWOT assessments, etc.)
- Leads programs through project initiation and opportunity assessments to support decision-making and prioritization from an enterprise lens This includes continuous improvement of related tools and processes
- Provides strategic advice to programs/project teams throughout the project lifecycle. This includes reviewing expressions of Interest, readiness assessments, project proposals, project evaluations, and other documents to ensure project alignment with the Partnership’s priorities, implementation best practice and other strategic integration considerations
- Responsible for maintaining enterprise view of work, including conducting enterprise health assessments to ensure senior management is well-informed on current status of work and any enterprise level risks/mitigation options
- In collaboration with the Performance team, contributes to organizational performance measurement strategies
- Facilitates connections and discussions among cross-functional teams to identify gaps or overlaps related to the Partnership’s delivery of its priorities and commitments
- Develops contract and agreement documentation related to projects and internal priorities
- Acts as primary contact and source of information for internal and external stakeholders regarding program/project content, status, and findings.
- Prepares and presents content and/or represents the Strategy team at meetings, both internal and external, and/or other forums as directed.
- Assists the Manager with other duties and ad hoc projects as required