APPLICATIONS DUE August 18, 2023!
What is KTPC and who is it for?
KTPC is an in-person, five-day professional development course for knowledge translation (KT) professionals (ie. knowledge brokers, KT specialists, KT managers, and other professionals whose work has a significant KT focus). Participation in this intensive requires some background in KT. The curriculum focuses on the core competencies of KT work in Canada, as identified by a survey of KT practitioners. These competencies include KT Planning, KT Theories and Frameworks, Implementation and Evaluation, among others. The course balances theory and practical application, and we invite active participation by employers/mentors to help build an organizational culture that supports KT.
Developed by the Learning Institute at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, KTPC is hosted three times a year (March, June, October). Each session is open to a limited number of participants.
When, where, and how much does it cost?
October 16-20, 2023
The Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning
686 Bay Street
Toronto, Ontario M5G 0A4
- KTPC is fully accredited by the Continuing Professional Development Office at The University of Toronto’s Faculty of Medicine. Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a Certificate of Completion from The University of Toronto and The Hospital for Sick Children.
- KTPC is recognized by Accreditation Canada as a Leading Practice.
- Each session of KTPC is rigorously evaluated to ensure learner success and tangible learning outcomes. Participants come away with a comprehensive KT Plan relevant to their work.
- KTPC includes 40 hours of contact time, including instruction, active learning, coaching and consultation with a variety of expert faculty.
- Participants also have access to faculty support following the course and are encouraged to be active members of the KTPC Alumni interactive online community.
I want to apply! What next?
- Download and complete the KTPC Application Form in full, including supervisor endorsement.
- Submit completed applications to Andrea Chiaramida via e-mail at email@example.com. SUBJECT LINE: KTPC October 2023 Application.
- The submission deadline is August 18, 2023, 11:59 pm ET.
Questions? Contact Renira Narrandes, Program Manager, Knowledge Translation, Learning Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children at firstname.lastname@example.org.